Mounting remote FTP folder

• II tried using the remote share plugin on my OMV build 3.0.43, but id doesn't working, I read somewhere on the forum it needs re-writing so I decided to try and come up with a solution manually.
    After some research I decided to use the curlftps Debian addon.
    I was able to manually mount my remote ftp folder to omv by using the command line: {this command line assumes FTP files over TLS }

Code
    curlftpfs -o ssl -o ssl_control -o no_verify_hostname -o no_verify_peer -d username:password@serverdomain.com:port /mnt/ftpshare

I added the username and password to /root/.netrc

Code
    machine my-ftp-location.local
    login myusername
    password mypassword

And I added the following line to fstab so that the mounting can occur automatically:

Code
    curlftpfs#user:pwd@myhost:port/folder/ /mnt/ftpshare fuse noauto,user,uid=1000,gid=1000,umask=0022 0 0

But I cannot get it to work, does anybody have any ideas what I am doing wrong

Cheers

• Offizieller Beitrag

I did rewrite the remote share plugin by starting from scratch. It is called remotemount now. It only has nfs and samba right now. My enthusiasm for adding other protocols is pretty low. It would be nice if someone else could do the work but I guess I will try to see what it would take to add ftp.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

putting ftp in fstab won't allow you to use it in the web interface/shared folders though.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

No idea. I don't use emby.

• Is there any new development with the ftp side of the remotemount application or maybe a workaround as mikrotik (the one i have) uses old outdated smb and it would be better to remoutemount drives in my power pc (mikrotik) via ftp as its already used for other applications as well.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there any new development with the ftp side of the remotemount application

Nope.

maybe a workaround as mikrotik (the one i have) uses old outdated smb and it would be better to remoutemount drives in my power pc (mikrotik) via ftp as its already used for other applications as well.

Doesn't the mikrotik support nfs?

• Tried it keep getting this error RPC Error: Unable to receive

Must say I'm using an old version of Mikrotik that might be a problem and in the long run might be worth it setting up another OMV for extra drives and to have more open sata ports

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!