[GUIDE] Plex Media Server on Raspberry Pi 3

    • OMV 3.x
    • [GUIDE] Plex Media Server on Raspberry Pi 3

      Hi after a lot of googling i'm able to use Plex Media Server on Raspberry Pi 3

      All steps i followed by SSH root shell:
      1. Add the ability for apt to use https repositories.

      2. Add the Plex Media Server repository provided by Universität Leipzig.

        Source Code

        1. nano /etc/apt/sources.list
        Add this line:

        Source Code

        1. deb https://dev2day.de/pms/ jessie main
      3. Add the GPG key for the repository. This is the “easy” method:

        Source Code

        1. wget -O - https://dev2day.de/pms/dev2day-pms.gpg.key | sudo apt-key add -
        Alternate method

        Source Code

        1. wget -O /tmp/pms.key https://dev2day.de/pms/dev2day-pms.gpg.keysudo apt-key add /tmp/pms.key
        [table]
        [/table]
      4. Update apt.

        Source Code

        1. apt-get update
      5. Install Plex Media Server.

        Source Code

        1. apt-get install -t jessie plexmediaserver openmediavault-plexmediaserve
      i hope it will help everybody likes me

      Best regards :thumbup:

      The post was edited 6 times, last by michelinoO ().

    • These packages are very old and almost unusable. apt-transport-https is a dependency of OMV now. So, no need to install it again. You also could add the repo and key to the repo tab in omv-extras to eliminate any command line steps. And not to nitpick, but you really shouldn't add repos to sources.list. That is what the sources.list.d directory is for.
      omv 4.1.14 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.13
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

      Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Hi ryecoaaron,

      there is another way to have a newone for Pi3?

      There isn't any package for "plexmediaserver" on network

      Thanks

      edit post

      ryecoaaron wrote:

      You also could add the repo and key to the repo tab in omv-extras to eliminate any command line steps. And not to nitpick, but you really shouldn't add repos to sources.list. That is what the sources.list.d directory is for.
      can you please give an example with parameters on OMV-EXTRAS? thank you

      The post was edited 2 times, last by michelinoO ().

    • michelinoO wrote:

      there is another way to have a newone for Pi3?

      There isn't any package for "plexmediaserver" on network
      Nope. The package maintainer stopped maintaining it. So, plex on the RPi is dead in the water.


      michelinoO wrote:

      can you please give an example with parameters on OMV-EXTRAS?
      If you update to omv-extras 3.4.6, you just need to do what is in the attached pic.
      Images
      • plex.jpg

        35.81 kB, 517×313, viewed 628 times
      omv 4.1.14 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.13
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

      Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • ryecoaaron wrote:

      michelinoO wrote:

      there is another way to have a newone for Pi3?

      There isn't any package for "plexmediaserver" on network
      Nope. The package maintainer stopped maintaining it. So, plex on the RPi is dead in the water.

      michelinoO wrote:

      can you please give an example with parameters on OMV-EXTRAS?
      If you update to omv-extras 3.4.6, you just need to do what is in the attached pic.
      Hi @ryecoaaron

      I updated OMV-extra to 3.4.6 and added the repo, now plexmediaserver has been succesfully installed, i spent the last 4 days looking for a solution

      Plex is installed and i added my media folders, but when i tray to play from my browser, i got this error :

      Source Code

      1. Conversion failed. The transcoder crashed or failed to start up.

      Any ideas how can i fix it please ?
    • The.Duude wrote:

      Any ideas how can i fix it please ?
      Nope. I don't use plex. There other threads about this on the forum if I remember correctly - something about making the data drive executable?

      You might as well disable this repo now. There probably won't be anymore updates.
      omv 4.1.14 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.13
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

      Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • ryecoaaron wrote:

      The.Duude wrote:

      Any ideas how can i fix it please ?
      Nope. I don't use plex. There other threads about this on the forum if I remember correctly - something about making the data drive executable?
      You might as well disable this repo now. There probably won't be anymore updates.
      I found this thread ; Plex issue... and posted my issue there, i hope i'll get some help

      I disabled it, thanks for your help