OMV and NGINX 403 Forbidden error

• Dear community,

I freshly installed a version (2.2.13) of OMV on my old server box. Everything is up and running. Now i want a website configured for the standard port 80.
    What i have done:

• The Web GUI is moved to another port.
    • Installed the NGINX websites plugin
    • Added a shared folder on a drive. (/www/public/)
    • Added www-data user and group to the ACL Read/Write permission on that folder
    • Added a PHP pool with the user and group www-data.
    • Created a website on port 80, auto index with index.html and index.php enabled.
    • Created an index.html at the /www/public/ folder

If i visit the URL i get a 403 Forbidden error.
    When i open the error log i see the following:

2016/11/14 22:01:06 [error] 27351#0: *1101 "/media/UID/www/public//index.html" is forbidden (13: Permission denied), client: ::ffff:192.168.2.7, server: , request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", host: "192.168.2.200"

If i output the folder listings i get the following:

Code
    ls -la
    drwxrwsr-x+ 2 root users 4096 Nov 14 19:24 .
    drwx------  3 root root  4096 Nov 14 10:04 ..
    -rwxrwxr-x+ 1 root users   36 Nov 14 19:24 index.html

What can i do more? (I noticed the double slash in the error message from the error log. but i don't know how to fix that.)

Anyone able to help?

Cheers and thanks in advance!

• That fixed the problem. did a chmod to 755.

How come i have to do that via command line? How can i set the permissions for the www folder autmatically to have 755? Do i have to create a shared folder "www" and then a second folder "public" and assign privileges and permissions?
    Not an easy fix, but i worked. Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!