omv permissions problem

• Ok I recently upgraded from 2.x to 3.x and as usual i blunder ahead without abandon and had lots of issues, well i worked thru most of them last night and had wokring system, even if i had to start sabnzbd and sickbeard from scratch.

No big deal because my sickbeard db was getting messy anyway.

However when trying to fix permissions to allow sickbeard to create folders i may have inappropriately changed permissions to many many system folders. Now I get communication errors when trying to connect via web and SSH.

logging in via the console i ran omv-firstaid reset the network connection and that pointed out that I had the wrong permissions on a folder and i couldn't update the NIC.

i fixed that permission and now the web just loops to the login prompt and SSH is still broken. I fear I damaged more than i know.

is it possible to reset "default" permissions to system folder etc??? or do I have to re-install

Thanks
    Guy

• Now i get the following when trying to run omv-firstaid opt 2

ERROR: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; systemctl reload monit 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for monit.service failed. See 'systemctl status monit.service' and 'journalctl -xn' for details.

• OK, every time i fixed something, i found another issue, but its been a learning experience.
    One of the last steps i took was

apt-get --reinstall install openmediavault

Now the two obvious issues are :
    1) resolv.conf wipes itself clean after reboot

2) WebguI gives ==> 'Failed to open file filename=/var/cache/openmediavault/cache.omv\controlpanel\login_js.json, mode=w+).' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc:71

One solution was to delete the cache file, but it doesn't seem to exist.

Is it possible to a more thorough reinstall remotely? or do I need to install from external media?

• Offizieller Beitrag

There are lots of issues changing system files permissions. Is a big mess, is recommended that you reinstall.
    You can reinstall remotely by using any live distribution that has ssh enabled by default and then using the deboostrap method. Refer to the guide section. You will still need a screen to select bios and boot device. Unless you have a server board with IPMI, ILO or DRAC.

• I decided to try and educate myself.

I am prepared to boot from live USB SystemRescueCD and re-install on m y system drive.

Can I use your method below, to install Jessie, then OMV 3.x ? Or can I use debootstrap to install an all in one OMV 3.x package?

Or do you recommend the steps outlined in your GUIDE.

[GUIDE] DEBOOTSTRAP: Installing Debian into a folder in a running system

UPDATE: after further reading I think ill install proxmox on the original busted system drive then setup a VM for OMV 2.x and try and get my data back online, then go from there... I figure out the rest as I go

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!