Plex / Samba not available until device is reconnected to network

• Hi,

I have configured Samba shared folder and a Plex library folders that are included in that folder ("Data" is the whole share samba folder that includes "Movies" and "TV Shows" for example).

Steps to reproduce the issue:
    1) Make a clean installation and configuration of BananaPi with OMV v0.2 image
    2) Configure HDD and Samba folder
    3) Install and configure Plex plugin
    4) While TV is on and BananaPi starts Plex will show up automatically in the shared devices on that TV

after the reason I can't figure out (maybe: time, updates, router reboot, additional configuration)

5) While TV is on and BananaPi starts Plex will NOT show up automatically in the shared devices on that TV. If I use TV settings to reconnect that TV to the network Plex will show up.

Similar issue is with Samba folder on Windows 7 PCs

steps 1 to 3 remain the same as previously explained

4) Samba folder is mapped as a network drive and reconnected at startup and it will be available automatically

after the same reason as above

5) Samba folder is not available (can't connect, map) until I reconnect PC to the same network

I really tried to figure out what can be the reason for that. I've set permissions to not require login/password, I've set permanent IPs to all devices instead of using dynamic ones. Tried to google this but did not found exact issue like mine.
    The problem is that as I've stated I am unable to figure out what is causing this so I can eliminate this from my configuration steps.
    I am using OMV v0.2 (version 1.19 Kralizec with kernel 3.4.103) for BananaPi as I have larger issues with v2.0 or v2.1. I've tried to user miniDLNA, but if it's running with Transmission BitTorrent and OpenVPN it's causing network hold, so I've switched to Plex.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!