[SOLVED] Virtual BOX Error

• there are no other machines only one machine is in virtual box ?!
    how can i change the port ? can that fix it ?
    connection to hostname:3390 adress can not be reached....

• advanced config is plugged on
    there a no other problems i can start the machine and set the startup properties but i cannot access the virtual machine vis the console.

• I had also many problems with virtualbox, autoshutdown etc. After a reinstallation with english language, United States repo i have no issues until now! All my problems are solved! (bevore i tried it with german)
    A friend of mine tried the same (same hardware) and chose only the US repo. Language etc was different - he had the same problems as myself with virtualbox...
    What is wrong here?

• Zitat von "WastlJ"

I had also many problems with virtualbox, autoshutdown etc. After a reinstallation with english language, United States repo i have no issues until now! All my problems are solved!

WastlJ, this post is very confusing and lost in translation. Could you please explain. You said you reinstalled with english language and USA repo and you have no issues. But you say, "until now". Does that mean you are having issues again???? Did you keep usa repos and english language and still have problems? Or did you change to german repos, and language, then problems began?? Please explain???? Also, please don't mix in your discussion with another installation. BTW, the file you sent me with your repo was unusable. Please post the german repo you used here in your sources.list. This could possibly be a locales issue too, so the language change may be issue. I see on crank's post his virtuablox is in english but I wonder if his system in using deutsch???

PS- Volker spent some time going over this plugin and it worked pefect for him in his tests. But I do not know if he was using german repo with german language. He he very comfortable using english.

• Haha, no in germany you can say "until now" which has the same meaning as in english "yet". So - i don´t have any problems, yet! ;)
    I´m still using english language and US repos. Now i know they´re working :)
    I´m only posting this here, too because 2 pages before "crank" had the same success. He installed with english and everything worked.

here is my old sources.list with wich i had so many problems:

(Thankfully I installed on my new SSD and have the old system disk here 8-) )
    I think he just didn´t change the language under virtualbox..?

• Ok, I pared down the german repo to just the basics and used german language for locales:

It installed fine and there was plugin icon but window on right was white. Could not enable service or choose volume/shared folder due to this.
    1) chowned /var/www/openmediavault no go.
    2) uninstalled plugin rebooted, changed to english, installed plugin still white on right window.
    3) tried installing with new vm not changing machines language to deutsch. problem still ocurred with repo. something is not installing correctly from repo.
    4) noticed that virtualbox section of config.xml was not correct on install from german repo. So wonder if other files are getting corrupted besides config.xml.
    5) found out why vboxweb-service not stating/running. This file was missing:
    /etc/default/virtualbox

Code
    # defaults for virtualbox
    # sourced by vboxweb-service on startup

VBOXWEB_USER=vbox
    VBOXWEB_HOST=127.0.0.1

6) virtualbox plugin configuration cannot run unless vboxweb-service is running but now what else is missing???
    7) Default configuration page should be in this file but is not /etc/default/openmediavault-virtualbox is this the last issue???? what is in the default file???
    the file has variable fields and format of default configuration. perhaps this file being corrupted is the only problem and the other is created when this configuration if completed.
    8) There are 5 services that need to be running: vboxdrv, vboxautostart-service, vboxballoonctrl-service, vboxweb-service and openmediavault-virtualbox. All need to be in the run levels.
    9) openmediavault-virtualbox was not in run levels ran a "update-rc.d openmediavault-virtualbox defaults" to add.
    10) vboxdrv has to start before the other 4 services. On a machine that is working vboxdrv starts at S05(K03) and the others at S06(K02). On a machine where they are not working vboxdrv is starting at S03 and the other services at S04. Perhaps it is starting to sooon???
    11) kernel modules header issue???? Think the other services will start fine if vboxdrv will start correctly.
    12) If plugin seemed to install ok but services not running do this to get services running:
    check that /etc/default/virtualbox installed ok then
    modprobe vboxdrv
    restart and services should be running. you can check by: ps aux | grep virtualbox (there should be 3 items now)
    13) steps to take if install went badly:
    uname -r
    apt-get install linux-headers-(result from uname-r)
    apt-get install dkms build-essentials
    /etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup
    make sure virtualbox file is in /etc/default with these contents

Code
    # defaults for virtualbox
    # sourced by vboxweb-service on startup

VBOXWEB_USER=vbox
    VBOXWEB_HOST=127.0.0.1

modprobe vboxdrv
    reboot and services should start. check with: ps aux | grep virtualbox
    14) plugin icon shows but nothing in window??? some issue with js or php??? Virtual box can be run now by editing config.xml with 1 but cannot configure via plugin, window white. Do not enable til configuration is down thru web-gui else config.xml will be corrupt where this plugin is concerned.
    15) Make sure Vbox extension pack installed with this command: VBoxManage list extpacks
    16) syntax change /var/www/openmediavault/js/omv/module/admin/Virtualbox.js The V in virtualbox.js has to be capitalized now.

SOLVED!!!!

• hi everybody my system is installed with the us repo.
    and i had now the problem also with the us repo. with the german repo before there where other problems....
    now i tried to deinstall the plugin, reboot and the installed the plugin again. the problem is gone now activating the cosole is fine ?!
    wth ?????

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!