Expand root fs after OMV installation on RPi?

• I noticed, that OMV on RPi does not expand the root filesystem to use up the whole SD card during installation.
    Here is my partition table after OMV onstallation:
    Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
    /dev/mmcblk0p1 8192 122879 57344 c W95 FAT32 (LBA)
    /dev/mmcblk0p2 122880 7028735 3452928 83 Linux
    /dev/mmcblk0p3 7028736 15564799 4268032 83 Linux

mmcblk0p2 is the root fs, mmcblk0p3 is not mounted and does not have any obvious use.
    How can I delete mmcblk0p3 and afterwards expand mmcblk0p2 to use up the whole space on the SD card?

Thanks for any help in advance :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV on RPi does not expand the root filesystem to use up the whole SD card during installation

Nope, actually it expands the third partition to use up the whole SD card. Most people don't need the OS partition to be large and were asking to use more of the card for data. Since you can't use the OS partition for data in the web interface, I add the third partition which can be used in the web interface. This also fixed a bug with the df command on OMV 2.x that fill up the logs with error messages.

How can I delete mmcblk0p3 and afterwards expand mmcblk0p2 to use up the whole space on the SD card?

Boot gparted live on the system that you used to write the SD card with. gparted can delete the data partition and resize the OS partition.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Nope, actually it expands the third partition to use up the whole SD card. Most people don't need the OS partition to be large and were asking to use more of the card for data. Since you can't use the OS partition for data in the web interface, I add the third partition which can be used in the web interface. This also fixed a bug with the df command on OMV 2.x that fill up the logs with error messages.

Boot gparted live on the system that you used to write the SD card with. gparted can delete the data partition and resize the OS partition.

How do I boot into the gparted flash drive on a raspberry pi ? I can't figure it out.... thanks !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Offizieller Beitrag

How do I boot into the gparted flash drive on a raspberry pi ?

You can't. That is why I said you have to boot gparted on the system that you wrote the SD card with.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!