Default Username and Password dont work on fresh login

• Hi,

This is probably the wrong place but couldn't figure out where else to mention this.

I install OMV, bring up web UI, login with default credentials and it wont let me in saying the credentials are invalid.

I've encountered this problem every time I install OMV and because this seems to be a year apart I always forget the reason why so I then spend the next hour wasting time trying to figure out what the hell is wrong.

It seems that when you use a password containing the @ symbol during installation time it screws up the json configuration file or other configuration file(s).

As long as my password doesn't contain an @ during installation everything works as expected.

Given this issue seems to have existed for year(s) I figured it was time somebody mentioned it. Perhaps they have already... but the problem still persists nevertheless.

Hope this helps someone. Hope those in charge consider this issue.

Thanks for the great product!

• I know, it's 6 year old thread :) but ... I got the same problem today. I also used @ when changing my password during first logon to armbian via ssh. Logon to web gui of omv5 was failed.

For other people with an @ in password:

the fastest solution - via ssh log on as root and then change password using omv-firstaid command.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I got the same problem today. I also used @ when changing my password during first logon to armbian via ssh. Logon to web gui of omv5 was failed.

For other people with an @ in password:

the fastest solution - via ssh log on as root and then change password using omv-firstaid command.

Why are you logging into the web interface as your user?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Why are you logging into the web interface as your user?

Not as user, but with default credentials: admin:openmediavault

This step failed: first logon to omv via web interface.

One more thing, I've created user called admin during first logon to armbian. Probably the problem is user called "admin", not a @ in pass...???

Sorry, stupid idea user=admin.

• Offizieller Beitrag

This step failed: first logon to omv via web interface.

One more thing, I've created user called admin during first logon to armbian. Probably the problem is user called "admin", not a @ in pass...???

Sorry, stupid idea user=admin.

The web interface uses Linux OS level users. So, if you create an admin user before installing OMV, the web interface is going to use that user. This is why we tell people to install OMV before doing config on the system.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• OFC my mistake.

Maybe you can change this post:

because is linked this instruction:

https://wiki.omv-extras.org/do…v5:armbian_buster_install

where order of things to do is wrong (change armbian pass before installing omv5)?

• Offizieller Beitrag

because is linked this instruction:

https://wiki.omv-extras.org/do…v5:armbian_buster_install

where order of things to do is wrong (change armbian pass before installing omv5)?

What is wrong with it? The guide should be correct. I haven't installed Armbian lately but I thought it only had you change the root password?

Why are you installing OMV 5? It is EOL.

• OMV5 because i'm trying to recover someting.

I'm using Armbian_20.08.1_Odroidxu4_buster_legacy_4.14.195 and after replacing password you can see on console:

and instruction for omv5 and also omv6:

Zitat

After logging in with the default password, you'll be required to change the root password. Re-enter the current password 1234, then follow the prompts to enter and confirm a new root password. (Remember this password.) When the root password change is complete, Armbian will prompt to create a non-root user, with “sudo” admin abilities. Follow the prompts to complete the task.

Probably this is wrong?

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV5 because i'm trying to recover someting.

What? There is nothing you can't recover with OMV 6.x

Probably this is wrong?

That is what it did last time I installed. When creating the non-root user, you shouldn't be creating "admin" though. Use your normal username or something else other than admin.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!