Drive Suddenly Erroring Out And Unmounting - Log Attached

• Sorry for the cross-post, i realized I posted my initial info in the wrong forum.

I will admit this is my first full size server and I may be in a bit over my head. I am using a Dell C2100 which has 12 bays and all kinds of hardware inside (backplane, cabling, etc) to make the 12 drives work. I bought this used so my fear is that I have some bad hardware in here (the drive seems to pass all tests).

3 times now, while performing a copy operation to this drive, the system has frozen, the drive has errored out and come back offline. What worries me is that the log, while it looks mostly greek to me, may be telling me something about the hardware (backplane, etc) failing that can tell me which component is the culprit, but I just can't seem to make heads or tails of it.

I have the full log at the exact spot it happens, from the moment things go "bad", and am hoping someone might see something in the messages here that spells out what I should be looking for.

This admitted server newb would appreciate any insight at all, sincerely! If this points to a hardware failure and there are some components I should be checking, that would be a great help in a head start. This used server has a 30 day warranty so perhaps if there is a faulty component somewhere in the drive array I can get it replaced.

• Log Part 2, Continued:

• Log Part 3:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!