Openvpn as server and client

• Thanks for the reply, I must say that I've done as advised, but when I start the client after I can no longer connect remotely. I must say that I have a static IP, perhaps it would be better to use No-IP?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks for the reply, I must say that I've done as advised, but when I start the client after I can no longer connect remotely

Kinda of obvious is the client is forced as default gateway. Access comes from one point and the response is forced to be forwarded through the vpn gateway. The answer is in the openvpn documentation/wiki, unfortunately i can't find the specific topic that deals with this issue, but is covered.

• Yes. Just place the client config file at /etc/openvpn folder.

My apologies for bringing back this thread from the dead, but I am facing a similar scenario but I am not sure that I follow your idea. First, when you refer to "configuration file" do you mean the certificate file that OpenVPN generates for the clients to connect?

My situation is like this: I would like to connect two OMV servers in different locations. My main server (OMV1) is at my home, the second server (OMV2) is a backup server at my parents place (for off-site back ups).

The OMV1 has already a functional OpenVPN server which I regularly use, so my plan is to connect the OMV2 server at my parents via VPN (as a client) to the OMV1 server at my place. The thing is, I do not know how to configure the OMV2 to tunnel all its traffic thru the VPN. If I follow your advice, that means that I have to install OpenVPN also in the OMV2, copy the configuration file in the folder you mentioned and voilá?

Thanks in advance!

Custom mini-ITX build
    Coolcube Mini, Intel Desktop Board DQ77KB, Intel Core i7-3770S, 8 GB DDR3 Ram, 64 GB Trascend mSata SSD (OS), X3 1TB HDD pooled + parity

Dell Optiplex 960 sff (deprecated) - link

Dell Optiplex FX160 (repurposed) - link

"If you can't find it in Google, it simply doesn't exist!" - The Internetz

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!