Segmentation Fault on Fresh Install

• I am seeing segmentation faults on a fresh install of OMV on a new SSD. Smart data is fine, green light and all tests good on SSD. Prior SSD had gone red so I thought a new one would solve it.

So, things I have tried:

- Immediately installed flashmemory plugin (first boot)
    - Backports Kernel
    - Changed SSD
    - Uninstalling and re-installing plugins
    - Clean fresh install of OMV
    - Changing SATA data cable to SSD

I have now tried 3 different SSD drives and all 3 are throwing segmentation faults. What else could cause this and should I be checking? Memory? Something else? Is it possible I am using some sort of system that is incompatible with OMV and will throw segmentation faults?

Log snippets:

I'm stumped.

• Is it possible that it's not the drive's fault even though I see the error during a write operation?

Could it be CPU or Memory causing this to occur? Or an incorrect BIOS setting or unsupported hardware?

I'm running a memtest next.

• Offizieller Beitrag

do you know if its safe to use OMV3? Because its still in Beta...?

Yes it is safe. I don't consider it beta anymore.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks for the push into 3.0, ryecoaaron.

That fixed all my problems with the segmentation faults.

Just troubleshooting a MySQL plugin issue now, but will start a thread for that in the proper place.

3.0 looks nice, all the stuff that made 2.0 great, made even more efficient. And no segmentation faults is awesome too. That was driving me nuts at 2 AM last night! :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!