rsnapshot to USB

• Hi,

What I basically want to achieve is:

To trigger a snapshot of a shared folder to a USB Drive using rsnapshot (keeping previous snapshots by means of hard links) whenever I attach the USB drive to my OMV NAS.

I found, that I can do that by on the one hand by using rsnapshot plugin to create the desired snapshots locally.

and then using USB Backup Plugin to dump the whole pile of backups to the USB drive whenever it is connected.

The problem I have, is that the the data is always kept twice locally, one time in its original location, one time in the local backup destination.

This is what I want to avoid as it is a lot of data.

I am aware of the risk having only 2 backup locations ... but I just can not sync 100s of GB to the cloud ...

probably this sounds like a silly idea, if so, let me know why.

Any hints to get that done are appreciated.

Obviously I am looking for some plugin or some way to do that on OMV GUI.

If such a solution is not available, it would be nice to get some short pointers to where to put custom script calls (rsync, cron, anacron, USB drive detection) in order not to interfere with the OMV configuration ....

Best Regards
    Stephan

• Offizieller Beitrag

While I don't think it is a bad idea, it is a huge change to the plugin that I know I don't have time for.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!