Manually joining OMV 3.X to ADS for serving folder-redirected userdata...

• Hello everyone,

I am looking to replace many windows fileservers soon with something a little less expensive, specifically to serve shares for folder-redirection. in order to do this i either need to start from vanilla debian/centos, compile samba4, configure it up to support acl's and extended attributes, etc etc...

since we will be deploying many of these i would rather not do everything from scratch... so, i was thinking maybe I could start with something that is mostly already together! FreeNAS might work, but I don't have anything that will do JBOD at the moment for ZFS...

Question is: is it common for people here to manually add the packages/configs to get OMV3+ to join to an Active Directory domain? Are there any good write ups out there that would help me with this, or is this something that I should definitely not try with this distro?

My goal is to have a machine that from a permissions/smb standpoint looks/works exactly like a windows fileserver... without having to configure and test it for thousands of hours, and without paying thousands of dollars for the actual windows server os. Hope you can help!

Thanks

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!