e-mail notification, cron error messages

• Hi,

I installed OMV about a few weeks ago and activated the e-mail notification.
    Since that I get:

Hourly the following email:

E-mail Subject: [NAS-Server.local] Cron <root @ NAS server> root cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly
    E-mail content: / bin / sh: 1: root: not found

and daily the following email:

E-mail Subject: [NAS-Server.local] Cron <root @ NAS server> root test -x / usr / sbin / anacron || (Cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily)
    E-mail content: / bin / sh: 1: root: not found

and weekly the following email:

[NAS-Server.local] Cron <root @ NAS-server> root test -x / usr / sbin / anacron || (Cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.weekly)
    / Bin / sh: 1: root: not found

I think that something with the execution of the OMV system cronjobs does not work.

Does somebody has any idea?

Xaneu

OMV 4.1.17-1 x64 on a MSI B150M Eco installed on a 120GB Samsung MZ7KM120 SSD disk, 4 GB RAM, CPU Intel Core i3-7100T, 2x WD-Red HDD-Disk 2TB, plugins: omvextrasorg 4.1.13, nginx 4.0.3, letsencrypt 3.4.5, mysql 4.1.1, plexmediaserver 3.8.2

• Hi,

I have solved the problem now after a long internet search.
    The reason was that in the file "/var/spool/cron/crontab/root" user were listed (here: root).
    Since the crontab files in the directory "/var/spool/cron/crontab" belongs exclusively to individual users (here: root), no users may be listed in this crontab files.

Wrong:

Correct:

After I changed the file it worked.
    Why the system had generated the wrong file format is unclear to me !?

Xaneu

OMV 4.1.17-1 x64 on a MSI B150M Eco installed on a 120GB Samsung MZ7KM120 SSD disk, 4 GB RAM, CPU Intel Core i3-7100T, 2x WD-Red HDD-Disk 2TB, plugins: omvextrasorg 4.1.13, nginx 4.0.3, letsencrypt 3.4.5, mysql 4.1.1, plexmediaserver 3.8.2

• Offizieller Beitrag

That file doesn't exist on any of my systems and I can't find anything in the OMV source code that would create it.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Ups,

Thanks for the hint.
    I had already wondered that no more OMV users have the same problem.

In recent weeks, I've had a lot of work to move everything from my previous server to the new OMV-based server (File server, Web server, SQL Server, SMS server, various cronjobs...).
    Not everything has worked smoothly. Therefore, I can not rule out that this is a cause of several additional installations and uninstallations (outside the OMV system).

In any case, I am glad that OMV is obviously not the cause.

Xaneu

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!