Error in the model 'conf.service.smb'

• OMV 3.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Error in the model 'conf.service.smb'

Hello,
      My Erasmus shows the following error:

Source Code

1. The property 'shares.share.0.name' does not exist in the model 'conf.service.smb'.
      2. Fehler #0:
      3. exception 'OMV\AssertException' with message 'The property 'shares.share.0.name' does not exist in the model 'conf.service.smb'.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/configobject.inc:71
      4. Stack trace:
      5. #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/configobject.inc(186): OMV\Config\ConfigObject->assertExists('shares.share.0....')
      6. #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/configobject.inc(271): OMV\Config\ConfigObject->set('shares.share.0....', 'Backup', false)
      7. #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/configobject.inc(233): OMV\Config\ConfigObject->setFlatAssoc(Array, false, false)
      8. #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc(90): OMV\Config\ConfigObject->setAssoc(Array, false)
      9. #4 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/samba.inc(72): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.service.sm...')
      10. #5 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/services.inc(56): OMVModuleSamba->getStatus()
      11. #6 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceServices->getStatus(Array, Array)
      12. #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
      13. #8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getStatus', Array, Array)
      14. #9 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(516): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Services', 'getStatus', Array, Array, 1)
      15. #10 {main}
      Display All

What do I need to do to correct the error?

Thank You and many greetings.
    • Hmm, the now unnecessary field should have been deleted with one of the latest update. Seems something has prevented it on your system. Open /etc/openmediavault/config.xml and search for <smb>. Look for

Source Code

1. <shares>
      2. <share>
      3. <uuid>xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx</uuid>
      4. <enable>0|1</enable>
      5. <sharedfolderref>xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx</sharedfolderref>
      6. <name>xxx</name>
      7. <comment>xxx</comment>
      8. <guest>no|allow|only</guest>
      9. <readonly>0|1</readonly>
      10. <browseable>0|1</browseable>
      11. <recyclebin>0|1</recyclebin>
      12. <recyclemaxsize>0|1</recyclemaxsize>
      Display All
      Then remove the <name>xxx</name> entities.
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit