Logging problems

• Hey there,

yesterday I received a ton of notification e-mails which told me that my usb stick (folder2ram) would be out of storage.
    I looked at df -h and found out that JDownloader2 wasted 1.9GB of a single log file.
    So far so good I removed the plugin and reinstalled it and everything is fine now.

But today I got a new mail telling me the following:

Code
    /etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
    error: error creating output file /var/log/nginx/1892c83b-094d-4be5-957d-e2a7da15f202-access.log.1.gz: Die Datei existiert bereits
    error: error creating output file /var/log/nginx/error.log.1.gz: Die Datei existiert bereits
    error: error creating output file /var/log/nginx/openmediavault-webgui_access.log.1.gz: Die Datei existiert bereits
    error: error creating output file /var/log/nginx/openmediavault-webgui_error.log.1.gz: Die Datei existiert bereits
    error: error creating output file /var/log/syslog.1.gz: Die Datei existiert bereits
    run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/logrotate exited with return code 1

"Die Datei existiert bereits" means "The file already exists".
    As I read in the internet linux is trying to zip the log files to save place but why are "older" logs not replaced?
    It might be a tiny issue but all the mails are annoying somehow.

Have a nice day
    Benedikt

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!