ASRock J3455-ITX problems

• Offizieller Beitrag

yes right, but, would be a nice 2 have

Why? What are you going to use it for? It causes more problems than it helps.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi guys!
    Just want to share some experience I have with this board:

• I've updated BIOS 1.00 -> 1.20 and it stopped to boot to OMV at all. I tried to boot from OMV flash - same issue. Ubuntu, mint work fine. //OMV 2.1
    • So I simply setup OMV with Virtualbox on Ubuntu and it seems to work even better :)
  • I have J3455B-ITX, 1.20 bios and it has poor linux support. Only with kernel 4.10 the board booted ok. With kernel 4.9 I had small booting problems with UEFI, legacy was ok.

I think the board`s bios still has bugs. I had tried Debian Stretch, Ubuntu 17.04 with the default 4.10 kernel, with the latest 4.10.x kernel, with 4.11 kernel, windows 10 x64 (!!!!) with CSM disabled but after the board was halted or unplugged for a long period , at the first boot, the board will shutdown and start automatically and enables the CSM automatically. No matter what I do, what kernel, what OS, the board enables CSM after a long period of being shutdown.

• Another issue is that when I play a youtube video (1080p) with chromium, the cpu load is 90-100%. When I play the same video in windows 10 x64, chrome, the cpu load is 16%. I think that the kernel doesn`t know how to use all the low level instructions included in the cpu, h264/h265 codec.

cat /proc/cpuinfo and lscpu tell me that the cpu has 1024 KB of L3 cache, but it has 2 MB. These Apollo Lake CPUs are indented for intel NUCs, Asus and Gigabyte have only one mb with apollo lake, only Asrock has 6. Linux support for apollo lake is still in alpha or inexistent.

• I am using the J3455M with Bios 1.30 and OMV 3.80 (kernel 4.9.0), and I noticed that e.g. formatting drives takes way longer than with OMV 2.1.

Does this mean it's not working as it should, or did the formatting routine change between the versions?

• OK, maybe I can be a bit more specific. When I used OMV 2.1, I took about 10-20 seconds (just my memory) to format an 8TB disk. With OMV 3.0, it was more like 5-10 minutes. Is this what I should expect, or is the system running slower than it could? (In both cases, I didn't modify any settings, so if the defaults changed between 2 and 3, that could be an explanation.)

• Anyone into OMV 5.2.1-1 and bringing this Realtek-NIC rtl8111G to Life?
    Installation only went fine with external GBit-Ethernet-Dongle attached.

But this, using a bulky dongle every time, is far from my expectation, doesn't it?

DE | EN; 81er Jahrgang Spätlese, OMV Bastler, erfahrener PC-Geek, Linux begeistert, mag alles was Strom oder Netzwerk braucht 8o

• maybe little late, but i also isntall debian 10 with netinstall and omv after that - no problems.

ok - got a ping lost of 0.3 - 0.5% ... maybe there is a mess or hardware issue - but all work fine, tcp can handle that - if that go "bigger" i can just add a pcie nic ...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!