Upgrade Problems omv 2.0 to 3.0

• hi all,

i'm receiving the below message when trying to login the web-gui:

Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory
    Error #0:exception 'OMV\Rpc\Exception' with message 'Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:138Stack trace:#0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)#1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)#5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()#6 {main}

any assistance would be most appreciated...

• Offizieller Beitrag

You probably have a plugin that didn't upgrade. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• hi, after looking at another thread i've run the command: apt-get remove openmediavault-omvextrasorg

the output of dpkg -l | grep openm is:

ii openmediavault 3.0.54 all Open network attached storage solution
    ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    rc openmediavault-omvextrasorg 3.4.9 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii openmediavault-openvpn 3.0.4 all OpenVPN plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii openmediavault-sabnzbd 1.0.10 all OpenMediaVault SABnzbd plugin
    ii openmediavault-sickbeard 1.0.14 all OpenMediaVault Sick Beard plugin
    ii openmediavault-transmissionbt 3.0.9 all OpenMediaVault Transmission (BitTorrent client) plugin.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You need to remove/upgrade sabnzbd and sickbeard. If you don't have omv-extras installed, you can't upgrade them.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Hi Ryecoaaron,
    i have the same error as unkul, and the output of dpkg -l | grep openm is:

What i have to do ??
    Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

apt-get remove openmediavault-extplorer openmediavault-owncloud openmediavault-pyload openmediavault-virtualbox

The virtualbox plugin can be reinstalled but virtualbox needs to be uninstalled. extplorer and owncloud won't be ported to OMV 3.x.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It would be easier if you post the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

• Here is the output:

Code
    ii  openmediavault                       2.2.13                         all          Open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-flashmemory           1.9.2                          all          folder2ram plugin for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-keyring               0.4                            all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-nginx                 2.4                            all          Nginx plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg          2.13.6                         all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    pc  openmediavault-owncloud              1.4                            all          OpenMediaVault ownCloud plugin
    ii  openmediavault-plexmediaserver       1.0.15                         all          OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
    ii  openmediavault-sensors               1.0.23                         all          Provides a cpu temperature monitor
    ii  openmediavault-transmissionbt        1.4                            all          OpenMediaVault Transmission (BitTorrent client) plugin.
    ii  openmediavault-virtualbox            1.4                            all          VirtualBox plugin for OpenMediaVault.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von henkall () aus folgendem Grund: Said i would do it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Never saw your response. owncloud is the only plugin in your list that doesn't have an OMV 3.x version. Since you are already have it partly removed, I would purge it. I would also remove not purge the virtualbox plugin. OMV 2.x uses a different virtualbox package. Then you should be ok to upgrade.

• I have a problem with purging owncloud. I will get the output of the purge command when I get home.

Update:

Now I am home and I have run this command:

dpkg -P openmediavault-owncloud

Code
    root@omvdebian:~# dpkg -P openmediavault-owncloud
    (Reading database ... 87747 files and directories currently installed.)
    Removing openmediavault-owncloud ...
    Purging configuration files for openmediavault-owncloud ...
    Site configuration file 'openmediavault-owncloud' not found.
    dpkg: error processing openmediavault-owncloud (--purge):
    subprocess installed post-removal script returned error exit status 1
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    openmediavault-owncloud

What should i do about that... Should i just ignore it or do i have to do something about it if i want to upgrade?

• I have done the upgrade from OMV 2 to OMV 3 now and you where right... DON'T DO IT unless you really now your way around in Linux.

The openmediavault-flashmemory plugin is not quite there yet with upgrading. It leaves the /etc/init.d files after the upgrade so these have to bee removed after the upgrade.
    I am talking about all the f2r* files. The create errors on boot after upgrade.

I also had a lot of problems with reinstalling the VirtualBox plugin again but that was probably my own fault. You have to be sure that VirtualBox is completely removed from the system before you upgrade.
    Not just remove it.

I did solve my problem with the OwnCloud plugin where showing in the dpkg -l list as pc state. Probably not the best way to do it but i was pretty sure that it was completely removed so i just deleted it from the dpkg status file.

My OMV 3 is running fine now after cleaning up after different things

• Offizieller Beitrag

The flashmemory plugin might be able to be disabled before upgraded but I would think removing it before upgrade would be best.

The virtualbox problem comes from switching to the debian package in the debian repos instead of the virtualbox package (there is a lot less in the debian package).

The owncloud plugin doesn't exist in OMV 3.x. So, removing before upgrade would be best.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!