Double notifications email

• Comment out the line that starts with 0 4

That should suppress the double cron-apt notification.

Hello @subzero79,

maybe you also know where it is possible to configure the second apt cron job or email notification. I also get the two Emails, one at 4 o'clock am and one at 8 o'clock am. I would be more happy if apt executes it's daily cron job with subsequent email notification about new packages at 4 o'clock.

If not, I would configure it as recommended.

Thanks for your help.

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Omv installs one, the other comes from the default cron-apt package. Look at cron.d and cron.daily the solution is too keep one.

Maybe it's in "/etc/cron.daily/apt". But sadly I am not a developer. So I am going to accept that behavior and commenting out the line with "0 4" at the beginning of "/etc/cron.d/cron-apt".

Why do we need an extra openmediavault cron job for this, while the default cron package does it per default?

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• This behavior also exists with latest omv4. I applied the following workaround:

So I am going to accept that behavior and commenting out the line with "0 4" at the beginning of "/etc/cron.d/cron-apt".

Greetings Hoppel

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!