Mailwarning "Does not exist collectd"

• Hi!
    I just updated my omv via webgui.
    (First omv-extras; Second different debian updates)
    Then I restarted my system and it took minutes to boot up.

When I had access to the webui again, i saw that ups-service is not working. I stopped the service and restarted the system.
    Again it took minutes to come up...
    Stuck at ...syncronise systemtime...

Since the update I keep getting two emails:
    1. [OMV.local.lan] monit alert -- Does not exist collectd
    2. [OMV.local.lan] monit alert -- Execution failed collectd

Help, please! :/

P.S.: I would like to say, I don't play around with my system! I just set it up last week and since then i can not remember I changed any of my settings...
    The only thing I do regulary is updating the system via webui.

| HP Microserver N54L | 8GB RAM (ECC) | BIOS-Mod | 6 Disks - 40GB Intel SSD (Erasmus), 40GB Intel SSD (VMStore), 2TB Seagate NAS HDD (Data), 2TB WD Red (DataBackup), 6TB WD Red (Rec), 6TB WD Red (RecBackup) | Delock PCI-E USB 3.0 (Art. 89315) | deleyCON Dual DS 2x USB 3.0, 1x 2,5" & 1x 3,5" HDD | APC Back-UPS ES 700G | rsync to remote site | NFS | SMB/CIFS | SSH | omv-extras.org - VirtualBox |

• UPS-Log:

Something I found in the Boot-Log:

Service seems to be running, but in the service list (diagnostics|services|overview) there is a red dot at UPS.

| HP Microserver N54L | 8GB RAM (ECC) | BIOS-Mod | 6 Disks - 40GB Intel SSD (Erasmus), 40GB Intel SSD (VMStore), 2TB Seagate NAS HDD (Data), 2TB WD Red (DataBackup), 6TB WD Red (Rec), 6TB WD Red (RecBackup) | Delock PCI-E USB 3.0 (Art. 89315) | deleyCON Dual DS 2x USB 3.0, 1x 2,5" & 1x 3,5" HDD | APC Back-UPS ES 700G | rsync to remote site | NFS | SMB/CIFS | SSH | omv-extras.org - VirtualBox |

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von nachtmensch ()

• ... From here the Systemstart hang up (5 Minutes)...

... later ...

2016-12-15T20:43:14+0100 OMV monit[2316]: 'collectd' failed to start (exit status 0) -- no output... this repeats until now...

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von nachtmensch ()

• And when I try to fix the IP-Adress of my Server i get this error:

but with /etc/network/interfaces the IP is now static!

Is it possible that my System SSD is about to die??? I don't understand what's going on!

At least the system boots up now in less then 1 Minute again.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von nachtmensch ()

• Actually I think the UPS service is running fine. I see all UPS-Informations like always...

I keep getting those collectd failures every minute:

• /etc/udev/rules.d/99-openmediavault-nut-serialups.rules

Zitat

# This configuration file is auto-generated.

# WARNING: Do not edit this file, your changes will be lost.
    KERNEL=="driver = usbhid-ups
    auto
    vendorid = 051d", GROUP="nut"

/etc/network/interfaces

After I rebooted omv i did a: omv-mkconf interfaces

Bilder

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von nachtmensch ()

• | HP Microserver N54L | 8GB RAM (ECC) | BIOS-Mod | 6 Disks - 40GB Intel SSD (Erasmus), 40GB Intel SSD (VMStore), 2TB Seagate NAS HDD (Data), 2TB WD Red (DataBackup), 6TB WD Red (Rec), 6TB WD Red (RecBackup) | Delock PCI-E USB 3.0 (Art. 89315) | deleyCON Dual DS 2x USB 3.0, 1x 2,5" & 1x 3,5" HDD | APC Back-UPS ES 700G | rsync to remote site | NFS | SMB/CIFS | SSH | omv-extras.org - VirtualBox |

• Thank you, did the change.

Rebooted OMV with this error:

• Well, I'm not in a hurry. Services I need are running "stable", it's just not nice to know that a reboot takes several minutes (when not receiving an IP-Adress) and it keeps sending me E-Mails.

Thanks for your time!

Do you recomment I reinstall the system?
    I just don't see what I did wrong... There wasn't a itch of a problem before I hit that update button twice yesterday evening.
    Maybe "Scheiße am Finger", remember remember: don't hit that button from the bathtub :/

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von nachtmensch ()

• Looks pretty good to me!

I don't understand why i still get:
    Dec 16 21:38:34 OMV monit[2219]: 'collectd' failed to start (exit status 0) -- no output

Bilder

Dateien

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von nachtmensch ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

You do a lot of modifications in SNMP via extra options: defaultMonitors and linkUpDownNotifications are unknown. The origin OMV scripts do not set these parameters.

I do not know why, but some udev related files (which are shipped with Jessie) are missing in your installation causing OMV udev rules to fail.

Finally the problem seems to be the missing network. Various processes, e.g. Tftp, do not work.
    Currently I do not have any idea why the network is not coming up. The related information is not included in the boot log. Maybe it is a driver problem introduced by the backport kernel or the virtual box plugin has corrupted the network stack. I do not know it.

• Thank you very much! Don't bother yourself with it any longer please.
    With "you did a lot of modification in SNMP" you mean my OMV-System. I don't know why i should change anything there... It's not even activated within the webui ;)

It is the first problem i ever had with OMV. Also the first time I'm using Virtual Box with it. In more then two years using OMV 2 without VB there was never a problem "like" this.

Am I using backport kernel?! Never set that option on purpose. Or does it activate automaticly when installing omv-extras?

The thing about the network intressted me as well, so I checked status of OMV in my ARP-Table. My pfSense seems to "lose" contact to OMV some times...
    - It is missing and suddenly coming back in the ARP-Table
    I didn't See that happening with my Fhem-VM which is running on OMV actually.

Very strange all of this!

- I will set up OMV again with a fix IP for OMV and try it again

Thanx!!!

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von nachtmensch ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Or does it activate automaticly when installing omv-extras?

No. You can install it manually with omv-extras but it does not automatically install it. Virtualbox shouldn't be causing this problem either.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!