Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

• Hi,
    I recently tried to install HomeBridge on my OMV 2.2.13 box but since I'm not very good with Linux, I may have messed something up.

According to the guide i read, I had to change the /etc/apt/sources.list so that the top two rows said Jessie instead of Wheezy.
    Then I had to install GCC and G++, which I did. Then, since HomeKit didnt work anyway, I uninstalled the packages and reverted the changes in sources.list.

Now, I get errors each time I try to install something. Both via the WebGUI and through a terminal. Everything I do ends with "E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages."

I've tried apt-get autoclean, apt-get dist-upgrade, apt-get update, apt-get upgrade, apt-get purge, you name it. It gives no error whatsoever.
    Also, I've set to only use community-based updates and not pre-release updates.

What can I do besides re-installing OMV from scratch?

Thanks and happy holidays!

• Offizieller Beitrag

According to the guide i read, I had to change the /etc/apt/sources.list so that the top two rows said Jessie instead of Wheezy.

Always a bad idea to use jessie repos on wheezy or stretch repos on jessie.

What can I do besides re-installing OMV from scratch?

You have a mess that would take longer to clean up (and still might have issues) than it would take to re-install.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

You shouldn't have problems. Mount the filesystems, re-create users and the shared folders using existing directories, and configure plugins.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!