Quick Wipe Error w/ "Storage/Physical Disks/Wipe/Quick" Function

• I am actively in the search for a NAS Solution and have been am very impressed with OMV+Community. Thank you to all that are involved here!

I recently installed OMV Erasmus on a test setup with a cheap SSD as the boot device and 1 WD40EFRX as the sole storage device to learn more about the platform and to play around with the feature set. I installed the "Backports Kernel" and OMV Extras. I tried to do a "Quick Wipe" of the WD40EFRX and got the following error message:

Error #0:
    exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; blockdev --rereadpt '/dev/sda' 2>&1': BLKRRPART: Device or resource busy' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/diskmgmt.inc:265
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMVRpcServiceDiskMgmt->{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusLp...', '/tmp/bgoutput6C...')
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/diskmgmt.inc(267): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
    #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDiskMgmt->wipe(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('wipe', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(516): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('DiskMgmt', 'wipe', Array, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong? Many thanks in advance!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sounds like the drive is mounted. Did you install using the OMV ISO?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• @ryecoaaron Thank you for looking at my case! I installed the OMV ISO on a cheap SSD I had laying around using these instructions:

The odd thing is that when I just tried do a "Secure Wipe", it does not spit out the error message and runs OK. Should I unmount the drive first?

3.0.56 (Erasmus) - OMV Extras 3 (Stable)
    AsRock Rack C72504DI
    64GB Crucial ECC Ram
    8x4TB WD40EFRX
    4X4TB HMS5C4040x
    Crucial 525GB SSD

• Offizieller Beitrag

Should I unmount the drive first?

Yes.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hello everyone.

Sorry for unburrying an old thread bnut i have exactly the same issue with 2 out of 4 drives. And they do not seem mounted.

Would you have any advice please ?

Here are the error messages i get when trying to quick wipe :

• Hello, I am also having this problem, and my drives are not mounted. I am using a Rock Pi Quad SATA HAT with 3 drives. Two of the drives format without a problem; the other one returns this error.

EDIT: Working fine after a reboot. Disregard lol

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!