RPI3 - Plex - independent install rather than plugin?

• While I've found OMV to work well, I'm struggling with Plex server and getting it to work properly. I want to move on, so I want to just give up on this approach rather than try to figure out what the problem is. So, I'm thinking about reinstalling a working OMV .img file I created of my OMV system, prior to working on installing Plex, then trying to just install an independent Plex server on that RPI3.

Would this work OK? Or must Plex have to be installed as a plugin under OMV in order for these two to coexist on the same RPI3?

Thanks,

BBQ

• Offizieller Beitrag

Would this work OK?

Sure it would work. Not sure why that would fix anything. They would still be using the same plex package package. What isn't working when using the plugin?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• ryecoaaron, thanks for your response and inquiry.

Music folders has no sound. Movies, of type mkv, which I understand is supported, give a codec error. Videos that I've recorded with my smartphone have sound and play properly, and Photos show up OK.

<edit> Actually, music folder songs never start - the count up timer just stays at 00:00, then advances to the next song, and does the same thing. The album cover is there, and the song list is there, and the length of time the song occupies is there, but it never plays. At the bottom, there are <<- || <stop> ->> buttons so it's as if it's trying to play but nothing happens, then it just advances. On the Plex forum, see other people have had this problem too.

I just didn't want to trouble OMV support with this, as it's clearly a Plex problem, so just thought I'd do better to do a Plex install and then could work with Plex support without them finger-pointing at OMV being the problem.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Read the big plex thread on this forum. I think this has to do with the codecs being on the data drive and needing to be executable. Data drives are not executable in OMV. It is possible to change though.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

The file probably already is executable but the partition is mounted noexec. So, edit it in /etc/openmediavault/config.xml in the mntent section and then omv-mkconf fstab

• Well, after a lot of consideration, I've decided my needs for a NAS are satisfied by NFS, so I've gone back to Raspbian and making use of NFS, and am happy with the results, and for me, a simpler learning curve.

To the developers of OMV: good product guys! Will take another look at it in the future!

BBQ

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!