My OMV Build with Asrock J3160

• Hello,
    here a small description of my NAS-build:

I use OMV 3 on ASRock J3160-ITX http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/J3160-ITX/index.us.asp

• 2x 2GByte RAM
    • 1 Boot -SSD 128 GB

• 12 GB reserved for OVM
      • 4 GB Swap
      • Rest 100GB extra BTFS-Drive
    • 2x 3 TByte Seagate HDDs Raid1 with BTFS
    • NIC Intel PRO/1000PT (disable the onboard NIC) in GBit net

I use the SSD-Extra partition for my Dokuwiki and my music (Logitech media server) both on the SSD (without redundancy).

On this drive the data do not change so often, I save it with Rsnapshot once a day to my synology-clone. The remote connection to my OMV from the Synology-clone is made by a NFS share.

On the Raid1 I have

• My pictures
    • Selfmade videos
    • Documents
    • Scans and so on
    • SMB-Share of the family
    • NFS-Shares for my Linux machines

As above I save it with Rsnapshot once a day.

Every day I make a offside copy (rsync) from my Synology to a Synology Diskstation of my rsnapshot-copy from day.0 .

The HDDs have a Spindown time from 20 mins. So I can hear musik and read in the dokuwiki without runnings the HDDs.

I have not extra fan in the case, I use fan from the power supply. And Extra fan uses about 1 - 1.5 Watt.

The power consumption is all up : 27-28 Watt,
    when the 2 HDDs spindown the system uses :15-16 Watt ( 24/7 ) .

Franz

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nice. What model is the local Synology unit? Maybe you could put OMV on that :) I use OMV on my QNAP TS-451.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I started with my NAS experience with a Linux PC and smb; then I tried FreeNAS and OpenMediaVault, but I decided to buy two of them. One at home. One offside. I took ReadyNas RN102. It was easy to setup and to use. The remote connection is very easy because the IP-address is stored on the READYNAS-Server. ( This way I do not like so much ). I had some problems with one ReadyNAS; it looses its firmware a few times until it broke complete. In this time I found xpenology. I took an old PC; bring it up with synology 5.xx . For my offside location I bought a DS215j already running with DSM 5.x . Now I use both Synologys to make a backup in both directions, with GUI- functions include DynsDNS, Task Scheduler. Then the "people" from xpenology had problems with the update to DSM 6 . In spring this year I gave OVM a new chance. For everything I want to do OVM gives me a good solution.

• NFS - Server
    • NFS - Client
    • Rsnapshot
    • Rsync

Now I changed my NAS-tasks too:

• higher speed 100MByte/s

• on the discs
      • on the lan
    • On my Windows PC: I bring the Photos on the NAS, so I need no extra backup from here ...

• I can use it with other PC too.
    • The same with the documents and so on ...

So I build a test system with a INTEL-Board D2500CC, tried everything I need ...
    On the other side, I have my backup-system. I do not have easy access to my second synology DS ( it is about 100miles away ).
    Now (in January) I want to try making rsync-backup (not the buildin Backup&Replication) to the external (real) Synology and Rsync-Backup to my local system (new OVM-test-system ). I need a new DynDNS access for my homeIP, now it is made by synology. When I have everything under control I will replace xpenology on the Asrock B75M-DGS with a Intel G1620 by OVM ...

The pictures shows my test system. In the wooden board is a whole for the airflow through the power supply.

Franz

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!