Simple File / Photo explorer

• Hi,

i setup an OMV 3 server to test and maybe someone can help me here.

I am looking for a simple Webbased Fileexplorer to reach the local stored files. Normally I am using shares (Samba) but it would be helpful to have also access to the data by web.
    I tried Pydio but this is too much. I just want to see what is stored and upload new files or download files.

Moreover I am searching for a possibility to share photos. I have a Qnap also here and they have a very good app that does this. It is genearting thumbnails which makes it very fast to browse from external net.
    Anything similar in OMV. I have also installed some virtual Machines so if there's another good solution appreciate if someone could help

Thanks

Alex

• aren't nextcloud/owncloud/pydio essentially do the same thing?

omv 3.0.56 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.7 backport kernel
    SM-SC846(24 bay)| H8DME-2 |2x AMD Opteron Hex Core 2431 @ 2.4Ghz |49GB RAM
    PSU: Silencer 760 Watt ATX Power Supply
    IPMI |3xSAT2-MV8 PCI-X |4 NIC : 2x Realteck + 1 Intel Pro Dual port PCI-e card
    OS on 2×120 SSD in RAID-1 |
    DATA: 3x3T| 4x2T | 2x1T

• Pydio is similar to NextCloud and Dropbox.
    If you're looking just to share photos, movies..music, then install Emby or Plex.
    However, if you want to do both media streaming and cloud storage, and use one of the above cloud providers.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• I tried Seafile. I found it slightly faster than Own/NextCloud, but it was also less flexible. Files are enrypted and stored in chunks, which makes them unreadable outside of Seafile, it lacked a proper photo gallery, and it couldn't connect to external sources.

Nextcloud is pretty much the best IMO, but install, configuration, and updates are bit complicated.

• I tried Seafile. I found it slightly faster than Own/NextCloud, but it was also less flexible. Files are enrypted and stored in chunks, which makes them unreadable outside of Seafile, it lacked a proper photo gallery, and it couldn't connect to external sources.

Nextcloud is pretty much the best IMO, but install, configuration, and updates are bit complicated.

Thank you for the feedback! I'm currently installing my new System, then I'll go for nextcloud and skip Seafile!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!