Fix NextCloud 11 Security and Setup Warnings on OMV 3

    • OMV 3.x

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Fix NextCloud 11 Security and Setup Warnings on OMV 3

      My NextCloud 11 installation is showing me the following warnings under the administration panel which I would like to fix, but do not know how to. I have Googled all of these, and the only one that I made some progress on was the Strict-Transport-Security error, which I read could be fixed by adding an entry to the Nginx configuration file. I SSH'd into my RPi and added the entry to the configuration file, but after a reboot, the entry disappeared.

      Does anyone have any ideas? Here is the entire list of warnings:

      Security & setup warnings

      • php does not seem to be setup properly to query system environment variables. The test with getenv("PATH") only returns an empty response.
        Please check the installation documentation ↗ for php configuration notes and the php configuration of your server, especially when using php-fpm.

      • The "Strict-Transport-Security" HTTP header is not configured to at least "15552000" seconds. For enhanced security we recommend enabling HSTS as described in our security tips.

      • No memory cache has been configured. To enhance your performance please configure a memcache if available. Further information can be found in our documentation.
    • David B wrote:


      • The "Strict-Transport-Security" HTTP header is not configured to at least "15552000" seconds. For enhanced security we recommend enabling HSTS as described in our security tips.

      Put

      Source Code

      1. add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15768000; includeSubDomains; preload;";
      in your optional field of the server.


      For

      David B wrote:


      • php does not seem to be setup properly to query system environment variables. The test with getenv("PATH") only returns an empty response.
        Please check the installation documentation ↗ for php configuration notes and the php configuration of your server, especially when using php-fpm
      • No memory cache has been configured. To enhance your performance please configure a memcache if available. Further information can be found in our documentation.

      you can find solutions here:
      docs.nextcloud.com/server/11/a…n.html#php-fpm-tips-label
      docs.nextcloud.com/server/11/a…?highlight=memory%20cache

      You can ignore the memory cache warning.


      I configured the server from this => Owncloud 8 and MySQL: alternative approach

      And sorry for my bad english. ^^
      *future backup system*
      OMV 3.0.96 (Erasmus) -
      Linux 4.9.0-0.bpo.4-amd64
      Core2Quad Q8200 @2,33 GHz | 6 GB
      Intel SSD 320 40GB System |
      6x2TB WD-Red Raid5

      *replacement under construction*
      OMV 3.0.96 (Erasmus) -
      Linux 4.9.0-0.bpo.4-amd64
      i3-2120 @ 3,30 GHz | 8 GB
      Sandisk SSD 126GB System | 3x6TB WD-Red Raid5
    • David B wrote:

      As for the memory cache warning, I would like to fix it, but I believe that it requires more RAM than a Raspberry Pi has. Perhaps @ryecoaaron could confirm that?
      DanieleU is correct that you can ignore that. That would be hosting OC/NC with a large amount of people connecting. And you are correct that the RPi isn't even close to having enough memory nor could it host enough users to need memcache.
      omv 4.1.12 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.11
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

      Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • ryecoaaron wrote:

      David B wrote:

      As for the memory cache warning, I would like to fix it, but I believe that it requires more RAM than a Raspberry Pi has. Perhaps @ryecoaaron could confirm that?
      DanieleU is correct that you can ignore that. That would be hosting OC/NC with a large amount of people connecting. And you are correct that the RPi isn't even close to having enough memory nor could it host enough users to need memcache.
      Okay, that's what I had figured.

      For anyone that has the PATH error and wants to fix it, here is what I did. (These steps assume you used these directions to set up OwnCloud/NextCloud.)

      1. SSH into your server
      2. Execute the following command: printenv PATH
      3. Copy the output that the command gives you
      4. Log in to the OMV Web UI and navigate to the Pools list in the Nginx plugin
      5. Select the Pool that you created as part of your setup and choose "Edit"
      6. Scroll to the bottom to the "Extra options" box
      7. In the "Extra options" box enter env[PATH] = TERMINAL OUTPUT where TERMINAL OUTPUT is the output from the printenv PATH command
      8. Save and apply your changes
    • Ah, yes. I forgot the way to fix it.

      In the "Extra options" box i have entered the following:

      Source Code

      1. clear_env = no
      2. env[HOSTNAME] = $HOSTNAME
      3. env[PATH] = /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
      4. env[TMP] = /tmp
      5. env[TMPDIR] = /tmp
      6. env[TEMP] = /tmp
      Thank you.
      *future backup system*
      OMV 3.0.96 (Erasmus) -
      Linux 4.9.0-0.bpo.4-amd64
      Core2Quad Q8200 @2,33 GHz | 6 GB
      Intel SSD 320 40GB System |
      6x2TB WD-Red Raid5

      *replacement under construction*
      OMV 3.0.96 (Erasmus) -
      Linux 4.9.0-0.bpo.4-amd64
      i3-2120 @ 3,30 GHz | 8 GB
      Sandisk SSD 126GB System | 3x6TB WD-Red Raid5