A few questions...

• Hello all. I'm building my own NAS and have come to the conclusion that I want to use OMV as my OS :)

However, I have a couple of questions that I couldn't find the answers to...

1) I've noticed that I can use LUKS in order to encrypt my discs. Does OMV support the use of a TPM (Trusted Platform Module)?

2) Does anyone know of a web based FTP client so that I can directly connect to remote FTP servers?

3) Does OMV support Twonky Media Server? I'm not a huge fan of Plex to be honest. If not, are there any guides to install it manually via SSH?

Thanks in advance everyone :)

Case: U-NAS NSC-810
    Motherboard: ASRock - C236 WSI Mini ITX
    CPU: Core i7-6700
    Memory: 32GB Crucial DDR4-2133

• Offizieller Beitrag

have come to the conclusion that I want to use OMV as my OS

Good idea :)

1 - If Debian does, OMV does.
    2 - A quick google search shows many. Do you want it hosted on your OMV server or on the internet?
    3 - Yes. I used it for years. I just used samba now though. Not so easy to install.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Good idea :)
    1 - If Debian does, OMV does.
    2 - A quick google search shows many. Do you want it hosted on your OMV server or on the internet?
    3 - Yes. I used it for years. I just used samba now though. Not so easy to install.

Thanks for the quick reply :) I'll be honest, I'm quite ignorant with linux lol. I've been a windows guy all my life.

1) I believe debian does support it from what I've read on google. I just suck with using ssh to configure such things.
    2) I'd rather it hosted on my own box so I can just login as I please and create jobs that'll run without me needing to leave SSH running on my laptop.
    3) What's so hard about installing it if I may ask? I had to install it via SSH on my my book live duo a few years back. Was only a few commands to download and install.

Case: U-NAS NSC-810

• Offizieller Beitrag

1 - I've never used a TPM module. What do you want to do with it? I don't know of any thing in OMV that explicitly says it uses a tpm modules.

2 - So, you want to download files from an ftp server? The downloader plugin does this. I think the jdownloader plugin does as well. If you want to upload files, I don't know if jdownloader does that or not.

3 - I didn't say it was hard. Just not easy. I generally say that if it can't be done from the web interface. If you've done it before, then it shouldn't be a problem and should be the same as the last time. I don't know if it has changed in the last few years or not though. There is another option. You could use the minidlna plugin. It isn't quite as fast as twonky but works well and is free.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Case: U-NAS NSC-810

• Offizieller Beitrag

1 - I don't know of a way to get the LUKS plugin to use that. You would also have to install Debian first then OMV if you want the OS drive encrypted.

3 - That guide is very old and may not work with OMV 3.x.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!