Plugins Installation Process

• Hi Guys,

just upgrade my OMV system to a dell t20.
    There i installed omv 3.0.

Here i found something perplexing.

After the installation of each plugin, they are running directly.
    But the OMV settings says the plugins are not activated.
    I need to switch the activation toggle to on, save, set to off, save and then apply the change.
    Without this all plugins are running directly after installation.

Is this a bug or a feature?
    For me this behavior make no sense.

Noch mal auf deutsch, mein Englisch ist ziemlich in die Jahre gekommen.

Ich bin über die Installations Routine der Plugins ein wenig verwirrt.
    So werden die Plugins direkt nach der Installation gestartet obwohl diese Plugins laut OMV Gui nicht aktiv sind.
    Ich musste um diese Plugins zu stoppen, erste die Plugins aktivieren, speichern, Plugin deaktivieren, speichern, Änderungen anwenden.

Ich bin mir nicht sicher ob diese Verhalten jetzt ein Bug oder ein Feature ist?
    Zumindest macht es für mich keinen Sinn die Plugins laufen zu haben, obwohl diese im eigentlich in der Gui deaktiviert sind?

Cheers Robert

OMV 5.x always up to date.
    Modded dell t20 into 19" rack case with Pearl LCD Display (Status Display!)

xeon e3-1225v3 / 32GB RAM / 1x500GB WD Blue SSD (OS) / 1x250 SSD (not used) / 1x1 TB Toshiba HHD (MultiDisk) / 4x 4TB WD40EFRX (Raid5)

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is indeed a bug. The services managed by the plugins are defined as dependency in they Debian package description. By default Debian packages are enabled when they are installed. To stop this behavior the OMV packages disable and stop the services during package installation. To me it seems a bug in the Debian helper functions to stop and disable services. Maybe someone can digg into this problem to work out a solution which will fix that.

https://github.com/openmediava…nmediavault.postinst#L108
    https://github.com/openmediava…lt-shairport.postinst#L35

• @votdev

I'm not sure if the problem is coming from the offical plugins or only the omv extra plugins.
    Just installed fail2ban a few minutes ago and there it looks like the problem is not present.
    Fail2ban was not started during installation of the plugin.

ich bin mir nicht sicher ob das probelem auch bei den offizielen plugins vorhanden ist oder nur bei den omv extra plugins.
    Ich habe vor ein paar minuten gerade mal Fail2Ban installiert.
    Hier scheint der Service nicht direkt nach der installation zu laufen.

Cheers Robert

OMV 5.x always up to date.
    Modded dell t20 into 19" rack case with Pearl LCD Display (Status Display!)

xeon e3-1225v3 / 32GB RAM / 1x500GB WD Blue SSD (OS) / 1x250 SSD (not used) / 1x1 TB Toshiba HHD (MultiDisk) / 4x 4TB WD40EFRX (Raid5)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!