Rclone mount as storage?

• Hi,

is it possible to add rclone mounts to omv as storage?

For this, I already tried to add a entry manually in config.xml:

Code
    <mntent>
            <uuid>e95939c0-d334-11e6-bf26-cec0c932ce01</uuid>
            <fsname>rclonemount#root#gdrivecrypt:</fsname>
            <dir>/media/gdrivecrypt</dir>
            <type>fuse</type>
            <opts>_netdev</opts>
            <freq>0</freq>
            <passno>0</passno>
            <hidden>0</hidden>
          </mntent>

but fuse as type is not supported.

My goal is a selectable rclone mount in webinterace to e.g. create smb shares.

Does anyone have other ideas?

• Offizieller Beitrag

You need a rclone filesystem backend for that to work. I am trying to figure out how to make an rclone plugin but configuring rclone is a pain since it is interactive. I just don't know if it makes sense to have people execute rclone on their desktop to get the configuration and then paste that into the plugin.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• You need a rclone filesystem backend for that to work. I am trying to figure out how to make an rclone plugin but configuring rclone is a pain since it is interactive. I just don't know if it makes sense to have people execute rclone on their desktop to get the configuration and then paste that into the plugin.

Can you concrete "You need a rclone filesystem backend for that to work" ? What does it mean?

I think importing existing config to the plugin would be perfect or just let the user choose existing config files inside plugin

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can you concrete "You need a rclone filesystem backend for that to work" ? What does it mean?

Start here and look at the files needed to create this. I think I would try to create a backend after I get the configuration figured out.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

does this maybe help?

A little but getting web url so the user can get the application token is still the biggest issue.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just don't know if it makes sense to have people execute rclone on their desktop to get the configuration and then paste that into the plugin.

why not just handle it on a remote machine?

That is why I made the statement above :) The desktop is the remote machine. I have tested it and it works but it is kind of a weird step that would need plenty of documentation.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!