Plex stopped working

• I had a running Plex installation that i have not been using much. Now i wanted to use it again after some time today and it seems to have stopped working.
    The Plex Web GUI tells me:

Code
    Es konnte kein Server gefunden werden. Lade und installiere den Plex Media Server und er wird hier erscheinen.

(so "no server found")

On CLI i get:

Code
    # service plexmediaserver status
    Plex Media Server process running.

The Web GUI is logged in with a registered Plex account.

I have no idea where to start looking to fix it. Can anyone point me to a next step?

• I have the same problem, my plex server stay online 24/7 and used it last night, but when i take a look at it today it says offline, on plex.tv.

The server says it is running on the openmedievault web gui.

Try this: sudo /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver stop

sudo /etc/init.d/plexmediaserver start

This did not work.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did OMW roll out any "force" update ?

No such thing as a force update and we haven't updated the plex plugin in over 6 months. If you installed the updates from the Updates tab, then you might have installed an update of plex. Plex have updates have broken things before.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I finally gave this another shot.
    I did an uninstall over OMV then restarted the machine then reinstalled OMV plugin.
    Now 2 things i discovered:

1. It did keep the settings as it looks up to here!
    2. It did bring no joy. The problem is still the same. The Web portal does not find the server. Nevertheless the server is reported as running when looking on console.

Any more ideas?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!