Accidentally deleted /var/www/ - what are my options? #embarrassing

• I was in a subdirectory working with some (other) server backups and needed to delete the contents of var/www/ and instead deleted the contents of /var/www/.

Is there any way to restore it short of complete reinstall?

OMV 5.6.26-1 (Usul); Shuttle XPC SH67H3; Intel Core i5-2390T; 8 GB DDR3-1333 RAM; 128GB SanDisk Z400s SSD (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 1TB (primary storage); WD Red 2TB (backup and archive storage).

• Seems to be working!

Thanks for that. I really didn't want to completely reinstall.

OMV 5.6.26-1 (Usul); Shuttle XPC SH67H3; Intel Core i5-2390T; 8 GB DDR3-1333 RAM; 128GB SanDisk Z400s SSD (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 1TB (primary storage); WD Red 2TB (backup and archive storage).

• I didn't notice until just now that in the menu sidebar, it only shows default options. So none of the enabled plugins are present in the sidebar.

However, if I view the plugins page, I can see that all of the plugins are still shown as enabled. I can also tell that they are working because. for example, rsnapshot has a daily job that emails me on completion, and I have been receiving that every day, and NUT is allowing login and status updates.

I am a bit concerned about rebooting the machine, as I have the flashmemory plugin enabled, so I'm not clear what issues rebooting the machine may cause, so haven't tried that.

Is there some way to refresh installed plugins? Or update the GUI with all changes that affect it? Something else?

• Okay, so it looks like rebooting the machine doesn't change anything and everything seems to be running normally, except that I can't access any of the already enabled plugins because they don't show up in the sidebar.

I tested installing a plugin that I don't use, changing its configuration from default, then uninstalling and reinstalling to see if the configuration was still saved, and the changes are not saved.

Is there anything I can do short of complete reinstall to restore the plugins?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there anything I can do short of complete reinstall to restore the plugins?

You used the --reinstall flag on OMV and it worked. The plugins have code in /var/www as well. So, you should try the --reinstall flag on each plugin you have installed.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!