Failed update from OMV 2 to OMV 3

    • OMV 2.x
    • Update
    • Failed update from OMV 2 to OMV 3

      Hello,

      I tried to update my system from OMV 2.2.13 using:

      Source Code

      1. omv-release-upgrade


      However it appears to have failed with the following message:

      Source Code

      1. root@server:~# omv-release-upgrade
      2. Upgrading system to 3.0 (Erasmus)
      3. Ign file: Release.gpg
      4. ...
      5. ...
      6. W: Failed to fetch http://download.mono-project.com/repo/debian/dists/jessie/main/binary-amd64/Packages
      7. 404 Not Found [IP: 52.84.144.201 80]
      8. E: Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead.
      9. root@server:~#

      When I check my current system version it still comes back as wheezy (7.11) and OMV is showing as stoneburner (2.2.13).

      Any advice on how to proceed?
    • subzero79 wrote:

      Disable the mono repository first then, try and run the command again.
      Thanks subzero, that did the trick to get the installation going. I executed the command from shellinabox plugin so unsurprisingly the upgrade progress stopped updating me at:

      Source Code

      1. Preparing to unpack /shellinabox_2.20_amd64.deb ...


      But I'm able to access via ssh and can see I am running debian 8.6, so part of the upgrade must have succeeded. However, now I am unable to login via webgui, receiving following error:


      Source Code

      1. Error #0:
      2. exception 'InvalidArgumentException' with message 'The environment variable 'OMV_DATAMODELS_DIR' does not exist.' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/environment.inc:47
      3. Stack trace:
      4. #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/datamodel/manager.inc(55): OMV\Environment::get('OMV_DATAMODELS_...')
      5. #1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(39): OMV\DataModel\Manager->load()
      6. #2 {main}

      Also, Plex is accessible, but the rest of my services are unresponsive and samba shares appear offline too...

      Suggestions?


      Edit: I tried following the instruction from here: Thread/15163-OMV-DATAMODELS-DIR-does-not-exist/ but now the webgui simply gives the following error:

      Source Code

      1. communication failure

      The post was edited 1 time, last by derp ().

    • subzero79 wrote:

      Run dpkg -l | grep openmedia

      If there are some plugins not available (not ported) in omv3 you need to purge them.
      Here is my output:

      Source Code

      1. root@Server:~# dpkg -l | grep openmedia
      2. iU openmediavault 3.0.59 all Open network attached storage solution
      3. iU openmediavault-backup 3.4 all backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.
      4. iU openmediavault-couchpotato 3.2.2 all OpenMediaVault CouchPotatoServer plugin
      5. iU openmediavault-flashmemory 3.4.3 all folder2ram plugin for OpenMediaVault
      6. iU openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
      7. iU openmediavault-lvm2 3.1.3 all OpenMediaVault Logical Volume Manager (LVM2) plugin
      8. iU openmediavault-netatalk 3.2.5 all OpenMediaVault netatalk (AppleTalk Protocol Suite) plugin
      9. iU openmediavault-omvextrasorg 3.4.14 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
      10. ii openmediavault-openvpnas 1.0.10 all OpenVPN Acess Server plugin for OpenMediaVault.
      11. iU openmediavault-plexmediaserver 3.7 all OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
      12. iU openmediavault-sabnzbd 3.2.2 all SABnzbd plugin for OpenMediaVault.
      13. iU openmediavault-shellinabox 3.4 all Web-based SSH client.
      14. iU openmediavault-snapraid 3.6 all snapraid plugin for OpenMediaVault.
      15. iU openmediavault-sonarr 3.2 all OpenMediaVault Sonarr plugin
      16. iU openmediavault-unionfilesystems 3.1.9 all Union filesystems plugin for OpenMediaVault.
      Display All
    • subzero79 wrote:

      apt-get purge openmediavault-openvpnas

      apt-get -f install
      Oh my.... I think I've gone and done it now. Upon review, I executed

      Source Code

      1. apt-get purge openvpn-as

      rather than what you had written. I'm not even sure how to describe what happened when I executed the purge command. It started a crazy chain reaction with 15 pages of output and now I'm getting many errors, such as:



      Source Code

      1. Errors were encountered while processing:
      2. openmediavault-couchpotato
      3. openmediavault
      4. E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
      Now I am unable to reach webgui at all.

      I'm very frustrated with myself for not having been more careful in executing your instruction.

      Thankfully I made a clonezilla backup of my system drive. Really hoping I haven't caused any damage to my data though!

      Edit: Backup restored, all data intact and system appears fully operational under OMV2. What a relief!
      I think I will do a clean install of OMV3 in the future rather than re-attempt the upgrade. Thanks again for the assistance though.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by derp ().