Getting started - SMB/DLNA/PlexMedia Shares

• Dear Members,

I'm brand new to OMV and my last touch with Linux is already 10 years ago.

Anyway in the third attempt I installed OMV on my HP Microserver, got the Raid 5 working and the SSD is the boot device.

I setup a SMB Share for Windows 10, included 2 different users and granted access to them via the SMB Sharing and ACL and permissions menu in the OMV WebIF.

I was able to “see” the shared folder in the Windows Network but was unable to access it. I tried it by entering “SERRVERNAME\Username” + PW and both users didn’t work.

The only possible solution was to grant access for everybody.
    Any idea to solve this issue?

Some other questions:
    I have an LG Flat-TV and it supports LG SmartShare = older Version of PlexMediaServer. They are providing this old version for free on the LG Homepage, but it is only available for Windows/Mac. How can I get the old Version for OMV?

I want to configure the OMV Server as DLNA Server and loaded the MiniDLNA plugin. Is it just that easy, install it, place a folder into it for sharing and grant access to the miniDLNA user group? How is it handles with Access/PW on the LG TV?

Thanks a lot for your help :) Answers in English and German are very welcome

• Interessting approach. To be honest I didn't considered this solution :D
    Anyway after the initial sync of the Raid5 I shut down the Server this morning but had no time to start again.

• After restarting my OMV yesterday the filesystem on the system SSD was broken and I was not able to restore it.
    Only a fresh installation of OMV helped me out.
    Fortunately the Raid 5 stays and doesn't need any resync or experienced data loss.

• After restarting my OMV yesterday the filesystem on the system SSD was broken and I was not able to restore it.
    Only a fresh installation of OMV helped me out.
    Fortunately the Raid 5 stays and doesn't need any resync or experienced data loss.

And can you connect to the shares from your Windows clients now? :)

• Unfortunately not.
    It is a bit confusing. I tried several steps, in between I had access to a folder everybody can access, but I never got a shared folder with limited rights to a specific user.

Last try caused in an issue, that I even do not have access to the Server itself. The Windows Network shows the Server but clicking on it doesn't allow access.

I saw some threads regarding SMV and Windows 10, but I haven't gone trough them.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!