Failure Sending Webcam Images by FTP

• Running OVM 3.0.59 on Raspberry Pi 3. Have NAS setup and FTP on. Goal is to send webcam images via FTP through local network but having no luck getting to work. Using 5 webcams. Brands are D-Link and Microsevin and I have 3 separate models. All units fail to FTP when testing the FTP settings from the webcam's interface. Error always = "Test failed" and no files appear in Shared folder on NAS.

What does work is connecting to OVM FTP through local web browser and standalone FTP app on my iMac. The app uploads files and they successfully appear in Shared folder on NAS.

What also works is my original setup of all 5 webcams sending images by FTP to the FTP server running on my iMac. To work, Passive Mode is necessary to be selected on each webcam, otherwise if off, a file will be written with 0k size.

But I now want it off my iMac and handled by OVM.

I have tried toggling on/off all the OMV FTP settings including Passive FTP and opening ports 49152-65534 in router and nothing works to get the webcams to FTP to OMV. Tried default port 21 and alternate 2121. FTP from browser and app always consistently works regardless of all the setting changes.

I read in another post (FTP Share for Webcam) a user had problems with webcams not liking the Welcome Message. The Welcome Message field is blank. User modified the welcome.msg Template with some code but I don't know how to do that to see if I am having the same problem.

I have looked at the OMV FTP logs and don't see any major errors. I'm not even sure it's showing that level of detail of all the communication between the webcams and FTP server.

The session times of 21:12 show my FTP app at .100 logging in successfully and I was able to upload a file.

The session times of 21:13 show my webcam at .75 logging in successfully but then the session closing immediately.

When it comes to coding and terminal commands I am a complete novice. I do know how to use Terminal on the Mac by following step-by-step directions if needed or by other methods from within OMV if given detailed direction.

I would be most grateful for any advice on how to further troubleshoot the situation. Thx.

• I understand the question now. Yes it does.
    Remote Folder Name is: /Cam1_SideGate
    I have tried with and without the slash.
    The folder exists on the NAS: PiBackup/FTP/Cam1_SideGate

• I ask again does the webcam has an option to configure in which folder of the ftp server to write on ? Or you just specify the server ?
    Those ss don't help

Hey there, running omv 3.0.65 on bananapipro my wanscam it isn't able to upload nothing. Yes, options in the cam menu doesn't allow for a specify folder, I can just indicate the server that's it! What and where else should I look?...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!