Errors while installing sftp plugin

• Addendum - I created a /root/.netrc with touch (just to see if it would do anything) and then got this:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any clues? What is needed to generate .netrc?

Is one of the shares a remote mount share? The sftp plugin doesn't need .netrc. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep -E "openm|omv"

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Here you go (output below).
    Remoteshare (plugin) is installed but no shares are remote - they are all on a local RAID.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of: omv-mkconf netrc

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

ok. What about:

omv-mkconf sftp
    omv-mkconf fstab

• Offizieller Beitrag

now it's let me add the share, so clearly it wanted that in .netrc...

Very strange though since sftp doesn't need .netrc. I'll have to see if I can replicate this but I don't think I will be able to.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It glitched again when I tried to add another share, but stop/starting it and re-running mkconf seemed to have unstuck it.
    Try backing up your .netrc, removing it and see what happens

I have a feeling this has something to do with the remotemount plugin and not the sftp plugin.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I can't replicate this. I tried with a fresh OMV 3.x install with just the sftp plugin and no problems. Then I installed omvextras-netrc and no problems. Finally, I installed openmediavault-remotemount and had no problems. If you aren't using the remotemount plugin, try removing it to see if you have the problem.

• Today I got the same problem. Some folder I can't add as share. Some folder I can add as share. I can't see a difference between the folders.

For example, if I try to add my "Home-Folder" then I get this error:

The crazy thing is, that it works for weeks until today. I got errors, while try to add a new share, and so I removed the shares and tried to add they again. Some I can add, some I can't add.

I tried to uninstall openmediavault-sftp including purge the config files, remove /sftp and the commands you listed in this thread above. Nothings changes.

I'm note sure, but I think there was an update from openmediavault-sftp today.

Do you guys have any idea?

Here is the output of dpkg -l | grep -E "openm|omv"

• Offizieller Beitrag

Some folder I can't add as share. Some folder I can add as share. I can't see a difference between the folders.

I updated the plugin. Are you still getting the error?

• I updated the plugin. Are you still getting the error?

I don't get the error, but unfortunately it doesn't work. After the update, I could add a share and "activate the config" in the omv admin interface, but the share doesn't exist in real. There is no folder in /sftp/StrongZero/, the new share isn't mounted and there is no new entry in /etc/fstab. And now, I can't remove the "defect" share in. I got this error message:

To solve this problem, I created the folder "Home" under /sftp/StrongZero/, added it in /etc/fstab and mounted it manually. So I could remove the "not really added shares" on the omv admin interface and it removed my manual added entry in fstab and the folder "Home" successfully. Do you understand what I mean? (Sorry for my english) :) It looks like it can't remove the share, if it doesn't exist on the server or in fstab.

But the bigger problem is, that it looks like, that adding a new share is working, but nothing is happen on the server. It only show the share in the omv admin interface.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't get the error, but unfortunately it doesn't work. After the update, I could add a share and "activate the config" in the omv admin interface, but the share doesn't exist in real. There is no folder in /sftp/StrongZero/, the new share isn't mounted and there is no new entry in /etc/fstab.

Did you give your StrongZero user read only or read/write privileges in the Privileges dialog in the Shared Folder tab? If not, nothing will be created since the user doesn't have privileges to access that shared folder.

And now, I can't remove the "defect" share in. I got this error message

That is a bug. It is trying to unmount something that doesn't exist. I will fix that.

• Did you give your StrongZero user read only or read/write privileges in the Privileges dialog in the Shared Folder tab? If not, nothing will be created since the user doesn't have privileges to access that shared folder.

Thanks a lot! This was the reason. Crazy that I set the priviliges for some folders and for some not.

Now it works fine. Thank your very much! :)

PS: For me, the sftp-plugin is the most used and one of the importants features of omv. :thumbup:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks a lot! This was the reason. Crazy that I set the priviliges for some folders and for some not.

Just updated the plugin and it won't let you create an sftp share that the user doesn't have read only or read/write privileges for now.

PS: For me, the sftp-plugin is the most used and one of the importants features of omv.

I use it too.

• After the last update I get the following error when I want to add a share:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!