Errors while installing sftp plugin

• Hi there,

I SSH into OMV, however, would like to enable access to a select few users. I have FTPS working, but am looking for something more secure which may be accessed via an FTP application. I installed the sftp plugin but received errors on install and uninstall:

Install:

Uninstall:

Code
    Error #0:
    exception 'OMV\Rpc\Exception' with message 'Failed to read from socket: Connection reset by peer' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:169
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(95): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Exec', 'getOutput', Array, Array, 3)
    #1 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #2 {main}

Thoughts would be appreciated!

Thank you

NAS OMV 3.0.59 Rig: DFI Lanparty nForce4 SLI-DR | Opteron 165 Dual Core (no overclock) | 4GB Corsair Non-ECC DDR400 RAM | OMV3: 1x100GB IDE | Data: 2x 250GB WD 7200rpm, 2x 3TB WD Red, 1x 4TB Samsung 5400rpm

• Offizieller Beitrag

but am looking for something more secure which may be accessed via an FTP application

ftp applications can't access sftp. You need an ssh application like WinSCP.

You have something wrong with one of your mounts on the remotemount plugin causing the issues.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• ftp applications can't access sftp. You need an ssh application like WinSCP.

Filezilla is one that does sftp, ftp, ftps, and then some.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Filezilla is one that does sftp, ftp, ftps, and then some.

Haven't used filezilla in years but that means it is more than just an ftp app now. Was just trying to say that ftp/ftps are very different than sftp and most ftp apps won't work with sftp.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• ftp applications can't access sftp. You need an ssh application like WinSCP.
    You have something wrong with one of your mounts on the remotemount plugin causing the issues.

Thanks for this. I didn't have anything mounted in the remoteplugin tab. Tried to install/uninstall again but received the same error.

As a result, I tried to uninstall the remotemount plugin, however, received the same error as I did when uninstalling the sftp plugin.

Thoughts?

NAS OMV 3.0.59 Rig: DFI Lanparty nForce4 SLI-DR | Opteron 165 Dual Core (no overclock) | 4GB Corsair Non-ECC DDR400 RAM | OMV3: 1x100GB IDE | Data: 2x 250GB WD 7200rpm, 2x 3TB WD Red, 1x 4TB Samsung 5400rpm

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of: apt-get purge openmediavault-sftp openmediavault-remotemount

• Here's the output.. (I previously uninstalled the two of them but with errors per the above);

Code
    root@NAS:/# apt-get purge openmediavault-sftp openmediavault-remotemount
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    Package 'openmediavault-remotemount' is not installed, so not removed
    Package 'openmediavault-sftp' is not installed, so not removed
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 71 not upgraded.
    root@NAS:/#

Just tried to re-install remote mount but received a 'need a 3.0.60' error.

Similarly, tried to re-install sftp - but received a 'socket reset by peer' error and several 'error' lines per the posts earlier

• Just tried to re-install remote mount but received a 'need a 3.0.60' error.

Piping in with a Me-Too. Went to update the remotemount plugin as part of a normal update process, and got an error saying that version 3.0.2 (which, the release notes say is updated for OMV 3.0.52) requires 3.0.60. I've got plugin version 3.0.1 installed and still working on OMV 3.0.59; not sure if that's a bug or a feature.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Piping in with a Me-Too. Went to update the remotemount plugin as part of a normal update process, and got an error saying that version 3.0.2 (which, the release notes say is updated for OMV 3.0.52) requires 3.0.60. I've got plugin version 3.0.1 installed and still working on OMV 3.0.59; not sure if that's a bug or a feature.

I removed 3.0.3 from the repo since it required 3.0.60. 3.0.2 requires 3.0.52. Everything should be fine now. If you are still seeing that version, it is downloaded locally and apt clean should fix it.

• I removed 3.0.3 from the repo since it required 3.0.60. 3.0.2 requires 3.0.52. Everything should be fine now. If you are still seeing that version, it is downloaded locally and apt clean should fix it.

Probably it should, but it's still trying to install 3.0.3 even after the apt clean. If there's no serious issues with using 3.0.2 on OMV 3.0.59, I'll just wait until 3.0.60 comes out.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Probably it should, but it's still trying to install 3.0.3 even after the apt clean.

Must have started the install. Probably have to do an apt-get -f install

If there's no serious issues with using 3.0.2 on OMV 3.0.59, I'll just wait until 3.0.60 comes out.

I don't think there is. The change in 3.0.3 is due to a change in 3.0.60.

• I removed 3.0.3 from the repo since it required 3.0.60. 3.0.2 requires 3.0.52. Everything should be fine now. If you are still seeing that version, it is downloaded locally and apt clean should fix it.

Thanks for taking a look at this. Didn't work for me either though. As wolffstarr mentioned, I don't mind waiting till 3.0.60!

However, any thoughts on the sftp plugin issue that I mentioned? Note: I disabled the SSH plugin which uses port 22. Then reinstalled the sftp plugin. The plugin installed fine after disabling SSH - this is odd as the sftp plugin operates on port 222 opposed to 22 by default. But it's great news that I could get this installed without an error! However, when I try to add an access list or enable the plugin, I receive the following error:

Getting closer.. Any thoughts? Thanks!

• By complete coincidence, I've come across this before with Fuse. Basically, whatever folder the Fuse filesystem is trying to mount to has data already in it.

Not sure what folder it's trying to mount to (or even what it's trying to mount) but that's the base cause.

• Offizieller Beitrag

However, any thoughts on the sftp plugin issue that I mentioned?

Remove the /sftp directory after uninstalling the plugin. Then reinstall the plugin.

• Remove the /sftp directory after uninstalling the plugin. Then reinstall the plugin

I added a share with several media files to the access list. Due to the error messages, I haven't been able to apply the share/remove the share/enable the plugin. So I proceeded to uninstall the plugin and was about to delete the /sftp directory, only to find that it isn't empty: <user>/<share>.

Is the /sftp a symbolic link to the share which is stored on another data drive?
    If I delete the /sftp folder, will the data on my share get deleted with it?

Thanks!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is the /sftp a symbolic link to the share which is stored on another data drive?

No. It is a real directory but the sub-directories are bind-mounted to the shared folder. Unmount the bind mounts and you should be able to remove /sftp.

• No. It is a real directory but the sub-directories are bind-mounted to the shared folder. Unmount the bind mounts and you should be able to remove /sftp.

I'm not sure bout how I may unmount the bind mounts. I would usually use the plugin, but that isn't working for me. Is there another way?

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von RS1 ()

• I'm not sure bout how I may unmount the bind mounts. I would usually use the plugin, but that isn't working for me. Is there another way?

I figured it out from here: [GUIDE] SFTP Selective remote folder access to certain users ; managed to unmount the bind. Will try to get sftp working in the next few days. Thanks again for the help.

It is worth saying that there is outstanding support in this forum! :thumbup:

• Right - I'm trying SFTP today (brand new Erasmus build from ISO, omv-update shows all clean, as does apt-get -f install)

I'm enabled the SFTP plugin and set my options, but when I try to create an access list, to a defined share with a defined user, I get this when I try to Apply the settings:

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; omv-mkconf sftp 2>&1' with exit code '1': grep: /root/.netrc: No such file or directory run-parts: /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/fstab.d/91-sftp exited with return code 1

The full trace is:

Any clues? What is needed to generate .netrc?

Cheers!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!