OMV- Remote login

• Hi all,

firstly, thanks to admins for the add to the OMV forums :thumbup:

Now onto my small dilemma I'm having with OMV...

I want to disable the OMV WebGUI login over "WAN" and just keep access to the WebGUI via the "LAN" Only login. I think I've disabled all the correct settings in my router and OMV but now when i put my static IP from my ISP into the URL and search, the browser brings up the OMV WebGUI login. surley this shouldnt happen! ?( I was connected to the 4G mobile network whilst using the safari browser.

No port forwards are active on the router. port 80 is showing active in the OMV under the "General Settings" Tab.
    under the "Service Discovery" I've also disable the "Web Admin".

Equipment;
    Raspberry PI 3
    ISO 3.0.51 OMV image loaded to a 16GB and installed from fresh
    SSH and SMB running only.

Any info would be greatly appreciated :)

• Assuming:

• you try to connect via IPv4 from "outside" to your OMV box
    • you have private IP adresses in your lan
    • OMV has a private IP adress
    • your router does the "natting" between public INet and your lan

there must be a forwarding rule.

Try:
    rebooting the router
    disable UPNP on your router

• The OMV box runs on a static IP.
    ISP IP is static.
    mobile carrier has given my device a IPV4 address.

Its confusing the hell out of me, as I've re-booted the router and I still get the same issue. I basically just want to disable any access from the out side world to my OMV box..

• is your mobile device IP address external or internal ? I mean are you sure your device is actually outside your home network?

I mean a mobile carrier can not give your device (a phone or a tablet) any IP from range like 192.168.x.x OR 172.16.x.x OR 10.x.x.x
    this are private IPv4 ranges that can only be given out by your router DHCP.

you ISP static IP will be different from your OMV static IP (or at least it should be)

omv 3.0.56 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.7 backport kernel
    SM-SC846(24 bay)| H8DME-2 |2x AMD Opteron Hex Core 2431 @ 2.4Ghz |49GB RAM
    PSU: Silencer 760 Watt ATX Power Supply
    IPMI |3xSAT2-MV8 PCI-X |4 NIC : 2x Realteck + 1 Intel Pro Dual port PCI-e card
    OS on 2×120 SSD in RAID-1 |
    DATA: 3x3T| 4x2T | 2x1T

• Seems your router is buggy.
    You can try a factory reset of the router.

You have had a forwarding rule?
    How else should the router know to which adress port 80 has to be forwarded?

Another check:
    Change the IP adress of your OMV box.

• Hi v|1969,

I've run Net Analyzer software on my IPhone and it is showing under the "Cell Information" an IP address starting 10.xxx.xx.xx.

yes, my OMV IP address falls in the 192.168.x.x and is diff to my ISP static IP.

• It could well be the router!
    I've run Nmap all over the router and its showing ports 53 - 5060 - open only.
    my OMV box is showing ports 22- 445- 111- 139- 90- (i changed 80 to 90 for HTTP in OMV)

• well that is what throwing me , how is it that your OMV on 192.168. segment and your phone seams to be on 10.x.x segment, yet your phone should be on outer range of home network.
    what is your router DHCP range?

PS>> when you coming in from outside (on your ISP IP) it is your router that is responsible to point where the request should go. your OMV machine can have any port open but if router does not direct the traffic to it it wont matter. your router must have a rule somewhere to say if request comes on this port let it through to this IP or this server etc.

omv 3.0.56 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.7 backport kernel
    SM-SC846(24 bay)| H8DME-2 |2x AMD Opteron Hex Core 2431 @ 2.4Ghz |49GB RAM
    PSU: Silencer 760 Watt ATX Power Supply
    IPMI |3xSAT2-MV8 PCI-X |4 NIC : 2x Realteck + 1 Intel Pro Dual port PCI-e card
    OS on 2×120 SSD in RAID-1 |
    DATA: 3x3T| 4x2T | 2x1T

• I've no idea re the phones IP that's issued by the mobile provider tbh..

Well i think ill reset the router tomorrow to defaults and try again and see if this makes a difference.

Thank you all for your time and input :thumbup:

• so i decided to reset the router to default then load my backup config.. its still the same, i can type my external IP into the browser followed by :90 and the OMV WebGUI loads up || how can i stop this!! i want it away from the WWW!

• lol tbh, I may just hold out as next week I'm having a nice new shinny fiber broadband installed along with a decent router. hopefully that'll sort the issue. if i get time over the weekend though i may just reset the current router and just set the OMV box up and a local machine and test. :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!