Issues Resolving Hostnames After Adding Interface

• Hey guys,

to test out a few options to report back to this thread about my built, I wanted to get the USB-Gigabit adapter for my RPi3 working. I kinda did, but I must have messed up something along the way.

As OMV overwrites /etc/network/interfaces if you edit anything in Network>Interfaces, I added the adapter as eth01 by hand after setting WLAN up through the GUI. I can reach the Web GUI through all three interfaces, but I can't connect to anything outside of my network.

After getting errors trying to install plugins I used omv-aptclean as root and got tons of "Something wicked happened resolving 'archive.raspberrypi.org:http' (-5 - No address associated with hostname)" and "W: Failed to fetch https://openmediavault.github.…ain/binary-armhf/Packages Could not resolve host: openmediavault.github.io", so I figure I made a mistake when editing /etc/network/interfaces.

Here's the file:

ifconfig gives me:

What did I mess up here?

Thanks in advance,
    V

• Go back and edit the interface(s) via the GUI and specify DNS server(s)

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Managed to add DNS servers throught the command line and it worked! Thanks a lot!

• Have you tried

omv-firstaid

In CLI to repair your eth1?

BTW you mentioned above you named your USB-Gigabit interface eth01, afaik it should be named eth1 instead.

OMV 6.x with bpo Kernel running on:
    Board: ASRock H410M-ITX and Intel Pentium G6400T
    RAM: 16GB DDR4-3000 Corsair
    Case: Coolermaster Elite 120 Advanced
    HDD: 1x 250GB NVME SSD Transcend and 2x 6TB 3.5" Seagate IronWolf ST6000VN001 + 1x 4TB 3.5" Seagate ST40000VN008

• Thanks, yeah that was a typo, it was correct in the file. I edited it in CLI and added DNS servers for each interface and now it works.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!