[Minidlna] - TV disconnects

• FIrst of all I have few minidlna installation in my lan (6-8) running on different OS/VM/routers

As I'm moving all my storage to OMV I"ve decided to give it a go with the minidlna plugin and get the rid of the other installations.

I do have lot of media, but all the other installations work perfectly, OMV though is the only installation with local media and inode notification enabed (since the filesystem is ext4)

Well to cut a long story short, when I connect to OMV from my samsung TV I get kicked out after a bit. This are the last 4 lines in my minidlna logfile:

Code
    [2013/03/15 22:02:20] scanner.c:802: warn: Scanning /media/3064a8a6-2744-4ab7-8a1b-3406704c2b52/MOVIES finished (5067 files)!
    [2013/03/15 22:02:20] playlist.c:125: warn: Parsing playlists...
    [2013/03/15 22:02:36] inotify.c:195: warn: WARNING: Inotify max_user_watches [8192] is low or close to the number of used watches [4123] and I do not have permission to increase this limit.  Please do so manually by writing a higher value into /proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_watches.
    [2013/03/15 22:40:37] upnphttp.c:1276: error: send(res_buf): Connection reset by peer
    [2013/03/15 22:48:37] upnphttp.c:1276: error: send(res_buf): Connection reset by peer

Before I do anything I'm wondering if anybody has experienced a similar problem in the past and/or has a good way to solve this issue.

Many thanks!

• Are you wired??? or wireless?? What format are you using on your rips?? How long have you been running minidlan and you many times have you played things? Weird you get the inotify message if you just started using omv. You can increase it but please answer questions.

• wired only, as mentioned the media is exactly the same other minidlna installations on the same LAN have access to.
    Thus format is not relevant as the other minidlna work perfectly.

Actually OMV kicks me out randomly even just browsing files now that I'm thinking about...

This is a band new installation of OMV and I've just installed minidlna

The inotify message probably is linked to the size of the media directory

• There may be issue in you database. Try rebuilding with the following:

service minidlna stop
    cd /tmp/minidlna
    rm files.db
    service minidlna start

The database will be rebuilt automatically on restart.

• That didn't help.

I have removed all the shared from minidlna. So it is visible but not sharing any media.

From the TV (watching TV) I cans see OMV-DLNA appearing every 1-3 minutes . Entering TV-DLNA-client and connecting to OMV it kicks me out after 1 minute or even less.

I did already removed and reinstalled the plugin

• Zitat von "rs2322"

I have removed all the shared from minidlna. So it is visible but not sharing any media.

Why did you remove the share? How can you test if share is off? Did you test the MiniDLNA with any other devices?
    Do you have an adroid device or Ipad?

• What I was trying to say is:

I've removed the shares from minidlna (setting pretty much only the enable flag and saving).
    Of course if I browse the OMV minidlna from a client I will not see any media but I will still see the OMV server with an empty content.

In the meantime I think I've found the solution:

As I run OMV into an ESXi VM I had to install a e1000 nic at installation point and have installed a second nic (VMXNET3 -> better performance) after I sorted out the vmware-tools.
    That left me with 2 NICs hanging around both on DHCP and within the same LAN (default). As I don't need the second one I removed the e1000 and left the VMXNET3 and now everything works fine. I suspect the TV was getting mixed up as the same host was re-advertised from two different IPs periodically.

I remember a parameter in the minidlna config file specifying nic binding. And precisely:

#network_interface=eth0

As this line is commented out in OMV I guess minidlna could confuse cdlna lients in case of installations with multiple NICs as it happened to myself.

Thanks
    rs232

• If you are using anything but eth0 you need to edit /etc/minidlna.conf manually. You cannot do this in the OMV web-gui config. This is the issue you were facing.
    To avoid this issue you need make sure the vitual adapter name used by the vm matches the name in the minidlna.conf.

Here is and example of part of the minidlna.conf

Code
    # port for HTTP (descriptions, SOAP, media transfer) traffic
    port=8200

# network interfaces to serve, comma delimited
    network_interface=eth1

# set this if you want to customize the name that shows up on your clients
    friendly_name=OMV MiniDLNA
  • It has been suggested elsewhere to also increase the notify interval in the minidlna.conf file

Code
    notify_interval=90000

I tried this on my setup and my connection between server and TV (UE40ES6800) has been fairly stable, I have still had the occasional disconnect though.

• It has been suggested elsewhere to also increase the notify interval in the minidlna.conf file

Code
    notify_interval=90000

I tried this on my setup and my connection between server and TV (UE40ES6800) has been fairly stable, I have still had the occasional disconnect though.

Hi,

This worked for me. I had to login as SU to modify the file but TV did not disconnect for a long time after that

• I just had this error on a new OMV6 install. I had previously been running OMV4 for a long time.

I also have an old Samsung smart tv and it was popping on the "found MiniDLNA" message every couple of minutes or so, and if I tried watching a movie from OMV6 it would disconnect at about the same frequency.

I had ethernet and wireless connections enabled in OMV6 and turned off wireless (didn't need it), and the problem went away.

• I had ethernet and wireless connections enabled in OMV6 and turned off wireless (didn't need it), and the problem went away.

Two ways of comunicata at same time = problems.

Use only one a time

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!