smartd with Adaptec controller

• Hello,

I'm trying to get smartmontools working with an Adaptec 5805 controller card. The devices are attached without having an array created as I like to use software RAID with OMV/mdadm.

When I try to check the drives with "smartctl -a /dev/sda" it does not work. I only see some basic information and notes that several features are not supported (sorry I do not have access to my OMV test installation at the moment.

But everything works fine with "smartctl -a -d sat /dev/sda".

How can I configure/change OMV that it checks certain storage devices with this command?

Additional note: Only some disks are on the Adaptec, others are on the onboard SATA controller, where the first command works fine and also SMART under OMV works out of the box.

Thank you very much for you help,
    Roi

• Ok, I edited this file /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/storage/smartinformation.inc (line 149) and now I see the SMART information for all devices (I am lucky that I only have SATA devices).

It would be good to have a configuration in the frontend where it is possible to add additional parameters for each drive. I know this option from FreeNAS.

Thank you,
    Roi

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!