VDR Plugin No Channel Data

• Hey there,

my OMV setup is working pretty fine actually, but there is one feature missing for me: Live TV
    I installed the VDR plugin and also the VNSI extension. Build it with 1.5.0 because the other ones won't work. I use a Digital Devices Cine S2 V5.5 which works perfectly in my Windows PC, the channel scan with VDR works also, but there is always the "VNSI: Channel: no data 16" message at my clients (Kodi).
    Even the EPG works fine, only the Live TV picture is not working. When I use the VNSI extras with Live TV in the browser, the same message appears in the logs.
    Could you give me some advices, what to do or how to fix it?

Many thanks in advance!
    Kind regards

• Hello,

did you ever solve this and what did you do?

Greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    openmediavault 6 | proxmox kernel | zfs | docker | kvm
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Hey hoppel118,

no, not really solved right now. On wednesday there will be a technician for the satellite receiving hardware there. Only some channels are working, but not all of them. Even with Windows it is not working right now.
    I will let you know after wednesday, if the problem is solved by the technician. I got a really bad signal even using a satellite receiver from a shop. So I think, it is not a software problem.

Kind regards

• In the german vdr portal I read that someone solved the issue with a new LNB. He tried a lot of things...

http://www.vdr-portal.de/board…-der-cines2-in-kodi-xbmc/

But let me know, if your issue got solved.

Thanks and greetings Hoppel

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon E3-1240L-v5 | 64gb ecc | 8x10tb wd red | digital devices max s8
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Hey hoppel118,

I read the thread in the german forum too, but I never thought that it is a hardware problem outside of my NAS ;)
    It seems to be the amplifier of the system of our house, thats whats the technician told me. He measured some low signals at every port.
    He will try to replace it, but this will take some delivery time, after that, I will give you an update.

Kind regards

• Thank you, I am very interested in that.

• Hello Geromey,

did the technician locate the issue?

Greetings Hoppel

• Hey Hoppel,

sorry for the late reply, i'm just back from the vacation.
    They told me, they change the amplifier today, but there is still the same error. Tomorrow they call me again and I think they will measure each connector in my apartment. I will give you more info asap.

Greetings

• Okay, got some news. There was a problem with the signal in my apartment. The technician fixed it and with a normal receiver it is possible to watch right now TV. But there is a problem with the VDR. The channel list don't match with the list on the VDR server. I tried a new channel scan with more than 1000 channels right now. But in the clients there is a different channel list. Even to clear them is not a solution. Is the VNSI plugin grabbing the channel list from a different location? I cleared the whole channels.conf on the VDR, but the clients are still loading channels from the VDR. I can't understand why. Is there a different location for another channels.conf?

Kind regards

• You should ask your question here in the kodi forum:

https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=169

FernetMenta maintains the vnsi addon and the vnsi server plugin.

Did you stop vdr while clearing the channels.conf? (You have to do it.)

Where was the problem exactly (cable, socket, lnb, multiswitch, ...)? Am I right that you don't have the problem "vnsi no channel data" anymore?

Greetings Hoppel

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von hoppel118 ()

• Ah okay, I will do so, maybe they know that kind of problem.

Yeah I stopped the vdr, cause I want to see the effect of a reconnect by a client.

Edit: Well, sometimes I should reboot my system.. Now the channel list is cleared and the client list is empty also. I will try to rescan and test again.

The problem was at the system of the house. There was a broken amplifier and also some problems in the connection between my apartment and the satellite system of the house. The technician made some adjustments in the signal output from the amplifier to my apartment. Also there was another problem, the cable carrier (Kabel Deutschland) was also on one socket. Now I have a good signal in my apartment, but the vdr uses the wrong channels.conf or the clients. I really don't know. I tried to watch live tv with an external receiver, this works perfect. Only with the vdr are some problems and even the "No channel data" is still there.

Greetings

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!