RTNETLINK answers: File exists |Failed to bring up lo

• Hey guys,

after a lot of googleing and changing the interfaces file my beloved OMV is still hanging @ boot with this message on the very bottom of the screen.
    What did I do to get this error?

• I have had a configured IPv4 eth0 with a static IP address and gateway.
    • I installed nginx and owncloud - no problems here.
    • I wanted to access my owncloud from the internet, therefor I require a IPv6 address due to my provider and the open port.
    • I enabled IPv6 and set it to dhcp in the GUI (--> think this is were the error sits static IPv4 vs. dhcp IPv6) --> saved it ... now I'm hanging @ boot.

What I tried so far:

• got myself a debian live USB stick
    • mounted my omv-hdd
    • edited /etc/host (added the loopback - was missing - is it required?)
    • edited /etc/network/interfaces to only hold "auto lo" and "iface ... inet loopback"

What else could I do to bring-up loopback again? It really is frustrating :(

• Hello OMVs!

I managed to fix my OMV installation. It took a while to figure it out...
    I ran into the avahi service configuring the local network behavior.for somewhat reason it was us full to delete the entry for using IPv6 within the configuration file for this service.

A reboot then resulted in a filled /etc/networks/interfaces file - I then again deleted all entries about IPv6 and voila...omv was at least booting so I could login in the consoles.
    I then tried to call omv-firstaid, which was working but setting up the network interface failed due to a not startet monit-service. Had to fix some stuff there, then could setup the interface with first aid consol.

Took me around 4h to figure this stuff out. A pain as some might guess.

Maybe someone could explain in more detail what might have caused this error.

Cheeres and happy weekend!

• I too had this problem. It occured after I inadvertently set OMV to use iPv6 when I was using OMV-Firstaid to troubleshoot connection problems I was having. Finding your post totally saved me from a re-install.

I manged to start the computer with a live Linux distro, found the /etc/networks/interface on my OMV master drive and commented out any lines that referred to iPv6. Saved the file, re-booted with out the stick and it worked. Apparently, OMV has some issues with iPv6.

Thanks!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!