Idea for a AoE Plug-in.

• Hi all,

During my research i found that : Ata over the Eternet, i think it would be a good idea to intergrat it in Openmediavault.

It would be usefull to use it for PXE boot disk less workstation or other stuff.

Ok this feature will be redudent with iSCSI but it probably usefull for somebody.

NSA325v2 on Debian Wheezy + Openmediavault 1.16, 1.6Ghz, 512MB, 1TB + 500GB.
    D2-Network on Debian Wheezy + Openmediavault 1.16, 1.2Ghz, 256MB, 500GB.
    And a custom made NAS/Server on Debian Wheezy + Openmediavault 1.16, Core2Duo 2.4Ghz, 4GB, 4*2TB Raid5 + 4*3TB Raid5.

• Hello everyone,

I think a ATA over Ethernet plugin could be great.

We use this since years at my office.
    The first install with ATA over Ethernet was an CORAID EtherDrive SR1521 solution with 15x 1TB disks.

A few months ago we decided add more storage capacity.
    Because of the success of CORAID, their solutions are now too much expensive.
    So we decided to find an alternative solution to CORAID.
    We find out that the SR1521chassis is an SUPERMICRO SuperChassis 933T-R760.
    We find and by it over Ebay for 253 euros including one 3WARE 9550SXU-16ML controller. We by three of them, ...for spare parts, ...maybe add more storage when needed.
    Added one ssd for the install of Ubuntu Server that includes the ATA over Ethernet Tools and 15x 2Tb disks (WD20EFRX, 1245 euros).
    Finely when install finished, one unique disk with a capacity of 26Tb (14 hdd in raid 5) is exported to the main samba server. The 15th disk is for spare.
    I think this is kind of solution is very cheap, total hardware costs of 1498 euros for 26Tb storage.

I can imagine the same situation with an ATA over Ethernet plugin for OMV.
    An second OMV server that only exports whit ATAoE its single hdd or in raid to a main OMV server that mounts and share them.

What do you think ...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any news for AoE plugin for Openmediavault?

I am looking at working on one or at least helping with one.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I see this plug in and I think: Nice when we can't get iScsi then this will maybe be my goto plug-in.

This plugin is in the omv-extras testing repo.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I am getting this error every time i click on the plugin:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; aoe-stat' with exit code '1':

Code
    Error #0: OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; aoe-stat' with exit code '1': in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/aoe.inc(134): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array) #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceAoe->getInitiatorList(Array, Array) #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getInitiatorLis...', Array, Array) #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('AOE', 'getInitiatorLis...', Array, Array, 1) #5 {main}

I am on plugin version 4.0

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am getting this error every time i click on the plugin:

What output do you get from aoe-stat run as root from the command line?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am getting nothing. Pressing enter and then nothing.

As kalleyne pointed out, aoe-stat must return a non-zero exit code when you have no AoE targets.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have not set up anything yet. But i wanted to make a aoe server wich other devices could connect to.

4.0.1 is in the testing repo now. It should eliminate the error.

• Nice. I definitely is going to check that out.

Update: It works and it is pretty easy to setup.

Feature suggestion:
    Maybe the "Filename" could be either a dropdown to choose a local disk or a file.
    If you then choose file then you would be able to make a file.
    If you choose a local disk you could choose to use a local disk which was not referenced to anything in OMV.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!