Getting ready for a reinstall and have a few questions before I proceed.

• As pointed out to my by @subzero79 in another thread, my current boot drive for OMV is at the end of it’s life.

So, a reinstall is in my imminent future.

I had a few questions I was hoping I could get some help with before making the move,

1.) Is OMV 3 stable enough at this point to be my main OS?

2.) I have spent a many of hours organizing my PLEX library. I have the database volume of PLEX to save on a separate drive via the plugin. Is it possible when I reinstall the PLEX plugin for it to use this instead of starting from scratch?

3.) I have also spent a great deal of time getting all my docker images/containers how I want them. They are saved at the default /var/lib/docker location. What is the recommend action to save this for use when I reinstall the docker plugin?

That's it for the moment :)

• 1) I use omv3 and I find it stable.
    2) i think that there is a way to backup the database, you should do it, then restore the backup when you'll install plex
    3) never used Docker, sorry :(

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Thanks @Blaba

I think it might be able to accomplish this now :)

One thing I was curious about though, I was checking to see if all the plugins I have been using are updated for OMV 3 yet and they all are except for one that 1 that I can find.

I use the Apple Filing/Netatalk for Time Machine backups and AFP connections to my Mac (AFP has proven to be much faster than samba for me)

Will there be support for that plugin any time in the near future?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Will there be support for that plugin any time in the near future?

The netatalk plugin (core OMV plugin) is ported. Not sure why you don't see it.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!