Accidentally Unmounted ZFS Object

• Some time ago, I mounted the movies share to my ftp share using the command umount --bind /TPool/movies /TPool/ftp/movies, so that I could browse the movies folder from inside the ftp folder. Everything initially worked great, but then I started getting some odd errors in Windows that didn't make any sense about me not being able to access the Movies samba share. I thought I would unmount the share from the ftp folder.
    So, I accidentally unmounted my movies object using the command umount /TPool/movies.

Now my movies object is completely blank as it tried to mount sda1, which is my boot drive.

However, you can see that the data is still clearly intact at least according to the GUI.

What do I need to do to re-establish the connection at /TPool/movies and get access to my movie collection, again? Thanks!

Edit: @wolffstarr provided me with the solution to use the ZFS mounting utilities from the command line: sudo zfs mount TPool/movies

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von johndoe86x () aus folgendem Grund: Added solution to OP

• Try SSHing into the server and typing sudo zfs mount TPool/movies and see how that works. ZFS has it's own mounting utilities.

Thank you! That worked beautifully. I've long debated setting up a separate server using only the command line to be more familiar with each component. In the meantime, happy to have access to my movies again!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• It seems I marked this as resolved just a bit too soon. @wolffstarr, the command to restore the movies directory worked great, and I thank you for that. However, when I try to add the shared folder through the OMV GUI, I don't see the option for my movies, and the "/dev/sda1" is still in place.

• Have you gone into the ZFS plugin page yet since you remounted? It should prompt you to apply changes once it realizes the dataset is mounted. That should give you access to it again; if it doesn't a reboot might be required.

It may also throw an error about "Can't Find TPool in /etc/fstab" when you try to apply it. If that's the case, follow the instructions in this post to correct the issue.

That error is fixed in the next plugin release, but that release per Luxflow is waiting on the release of OMV 3.0.60.

Let us know if that fixes it, and if it doesn't there's a few other things to try. You might have to remove the share and re-add, if the above doesn't work.

• Ugh, I thought I had gotten back to square one, however, whenever I try to do anything at all I get this error:

I attempted to follow the directions in the post you pointed to @wolffstarr. I thought I had gotten back to square one, but when I SSH in, none nothing is mounted properly in the ZFS pool. And browsing through the OMV gui, it looks like none of my plugins are enabled.

Edit: Upon returning to the URL of the webgui, I'm greeted by this screen:

Edit again: It seems I now cannot SSH, either.

• Yeah, something's broken pretty badly. Time to hook up a keyboard and monitor and see what's happening.

Since the OMV system thought the Movies share was /dev/sda1, it's possible something went in and nuked your install drive. If that's the case, the good news is, all your actual data should still be intact. But you may need to reinstall.

• Yeah, something's broken pretty badly. Time to hook up a keyboard and monitor and see what's happening.

Since the OMV system thought the Movies share was /dev/sda1, it's possible something went in and nuked your install drive. If that's the case, the good news is, all your actual data should still be intact. But you may need to reinstall.

I hadn't considered that... I actually started another thread here since the errors are now not necessarily ZFS related. Would you mind taking a gander? I've got a new ISO image downloading now just in case. The odd thing is I can access my sabznbd, sickrage, couchpotato, and transmission webgui.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!