NFS Export Sub Directory

• I'm not sure what the reasons were or why etc, but I have come across a need to be able to specify a / in an export from the GUI. I am trying to export a share for another project called FOG Project which images computers, it has kind of been raised for the ashes and now has some good guys working on it. I would prefer to mount a share from my OMV NFS share and use that storage vs doing something local and the one issue is they are expecting an export to be something like this "/export/images/dev" and while I could have an export of dev that points to /images/dev it wont work.

I'm going to drop down and just manually add it to my exports but really would like the ability to be able to do this from the GUI so I don't have to remember about overwriting it if someone makes a change from the GUI vs CLI. If anyone has any suggestions about how I can keep the GUI from making changes to the /etc/exports file please let me know, and let me know if there is a way to do it via the GUI, maybe I missed it but It wasn't apparent to me.

I give props to Volker for all his hard work I use the software for home and work and I like it a lot. :)

• Update: For omv2 I just decided the easiest path was to edit the config.xml file and add the information there and it updated accordingly and now I should be able to continue to add NFS shares via GUI and have things work.

Of course this was after I made a copy of my config.xml file. ;)

Still would like the ability to use sub directories with the exports, thanks! :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you know bash scripting you can add you manual share using the nfs.d/ dir at /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf

Remember that nfs in Omv uses mount bind. So you need a bind for fstab (if you want....otherwise you can export directly) and the export entry line

• If you know bash scripting you can add you manual share using the nfs.d/ dir at /usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf

Remember that nfs in Omv uses mount bind. So you need a bind for fstab (if you want....otherwise you can export directly) and the export entry line

Thanks for the reply, I just edited the config.xml and change my existing entry to what I wanted, not ideal but appears to work just fine. I would like the ability to be able to use a "/" when making the export so you can declare a sub directory, probably not something thats needed often but sometimes you do.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!