Amazon glacier backup

• Offizieller Beitrag

Looks very interesting. I found this blog that shows how to do it from the command line. That should be very helpful to a plugin writer. Although, it might be pretty easy just to write a script that runs under cron.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I limited my quick search to command line implementations on Linux. I need to search more to see if there is something like your Windows client. Too bad fastglacier isn't open source.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• After my recent loss of data and a friend mentioning Glacier I've been curious about having an online backup for my photos - the only thing I really don't want to lose.

Rsync has been working very well for a USB backup but I'd like to go one step further with Glacier.

Found the following using rsync and incremental backups - don't have the time at the moment to look too closely yet but here is the link:

http://danielkinsman.wordpress…o-amazon-glacier-storage/

• I agree with the cost and speed. Though I don't know if there is much we can do about the speed, since most ISP's really limit upload speed.

To get around the cost I've been thinking of storing data with family and friends who have OMV & OwnCloud and returning the favor for them. Though free online storage exists I would have to use TrueCrypt containers for those.

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

The things I don't like about online backup is it is incredibly slow and the cost.

It doesnt have to cost much, as low as 60 Dollars per year or 5 Dollars per Month:
    http://www.backblaze.com

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Zitat von "tekkbebe"

The things I don't like about online backup is it is incredibly slow and the cost.

The cost? I have all my pictures and music backup up to Glacier. All together around 100GB. This costs me around $1 per month.

It's slow? Yes, maybe, but then again, how often do you need a restore? For pretty static data like pictures and music, it's perfect!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!