Before deleting this filesystem, You must delete shares referencing this filesystem

• OMV 3.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Before deleting this filesystem, You must delete shares referencing this filesystem

Hi There,

i setup a zfs pool , mirror with two internal sata drives.

This was just a test on my part, as i know both of these drives have smart errors.

I have now purchased new disks, and wanted to remove the zfs filesystem from omv, before i removed the faulty disks, and installed the new disks.

i removed both my nfs & smb shares first, no problems there.

but when i try to remove the filesystem, i get this error :

Error #0:exception 'OMVModuleZFSException' with message 'Before deleting this filesystem, You must delete shares referencing this filesystem.' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/zfs.inc:292Stack trace:#0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceZFS->deleteObject(Array, Array)#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('deleteObject', Array, Array)#3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(516): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('ZFS', 'deleteObject', Array, Array, 1)#4 {main}

I have tried rebooting the system after deleting the shares, but i still get the above error message.

i then also tried removing the filesystem with :

zfs destroy -f zfs_mirror

did not give me any error messages , but my filesystem is still there :

root@pgnas2:~# zfs list
      NAME USED AVAIL REFER MOUNTPOINT
      zfs_mirror 7.95G 1.75T 7.95G /zfs_mirror

Any help is very appreciated!
    • mrpg wrote:

i removed both my nfs & smb shares first, no problems there.

but when i try to remove the filesystem, i get this error :
      After removing NFS & SMB shares you need to delete "shares" and then remove filesystem. actually you probably need to clean several files by hand (config.xml, fstab etc...).
      OMV 3.0.96 x64 on a HP T510, 16GB CF as Boot Disk & 32GB SSD 2,5" disk for Data, 4 GB RAM, CPU VIA EDEN X2 U4200 is x64 at 1GHz

Post: HPT510 SlimNAS ; HOWTO Install Pi-Hole ; HOWTO install MLDonkey ; HOHTO Install ZFS-Plugin ; OMV_OldGUI ; ShellinaBOX ;
      Dockers: MLDonkey ; PiHole ;
      Videos: @TechnoDadLife
    • post a copy of config.xml and I can send a revised copy.
      OMV 3.0.96 x64 on a HP T510, 16GB CF as Boot Disk & 32GB SSD 2,5" disk for Data, 4 GB RAM, CPU VIA EDEN X2 U4200 is x64 at 1GHz

Post: HPT510 SlimNAS ; HOWTO Install Pi-Hole ; HOWTO install MLDonkey ; HOHTO Install ZFS-Plugin ; OMV_OldGUI ; ShellinaBOX ;
    • all references to ZFS are deleted, probably you need to recreate your SMB shares ( your data are not touch).

Copy new config.xml and reboot and test it.

If something goes wrong you always can copy your actual config.xml untouched and revetr to actual state.
      Files
      • config.zip

(12.88 kB, downloaded 56 times, last: )

• PD: you can compare original and this touched file and see what i delete, so if I delete your shares and do you want to preserve, you only need to delete only zfs references.

• Hi,

Many thanks for helping out!

i replaced my config.xml with your modified version and rebooted.

the zfs pool is still visible in OMV , but now when i go into the zfs section, i get a prompt that i have to apply the new settings.

when i click to apply the settings, i now get :

Error #0:exception 'OMV\ExecException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mount -v '/zfs_mirror' 2>&1' with exit code '1': mount: can't find /zfs_mirror in /etc/fstab' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:175Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/mountpoint.inc(135): OMV\System\Process->execute()#1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/fstab.inc(71): OMV\System\MountPoint->mount()#2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(189): OMVModuleFsTab->startService()#3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(150): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)#6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(528): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatuskq...', '/tmp/bgoutputyy...')#7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(151): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))#8 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(208): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)#9 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)#10 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(124): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(84): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)#12 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(516): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)#13 {main}
    • sorry to know.

at this point , perhaps a new reinstall of OMV is the best option, all your data are safe and only need to install pluging and configure services by hand.

Do this reinstall on a new boot device, so you can revert to your actual boot device if something do not work as expected.