Debian Not Booting With Continuous udevd[458]: timeout : killing sbin/modprobe -b pci........

• Hello,

I recently re-installed installed OMV2 using the combined Debian/OMV2 ISO. Went without a hitch.

I then updated the system through the update manager and started adding some of the plugins (Plex and bit torrent).

At this point upon restart I started seeing the "udevd[458]: timeout : killing sbin/modprobe -b pciXXXXX" error during the boot sequence which then took between 5 and 15 minutes to complete.

After some research online, it looked as though the issue may have been with my ATI graphics driver. I then installed the open source drivers (not the non-free versions) to see if this would solve the issue.

The system now no longer boots at all.

Is there a way to access the system via another boot device to try and diagnose what the issue is without reloading Debian/OMV?? My old OMV1 install did the same thing prompting the upgrade to OMV2 in a hope to relieve the issue.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!