Plex Database folder not updated in the config

• OMV 3.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Plex Database folder not updated in the config

The database location as per gui doesn't appear to affect the Plex config. It's starting in the /var/lib/plexmediaserver insted of /myvolume/plexmediaserver.
      As for now i just made a Symlink from /myvolume/plexmediaserver to /var/lib/plexmediaserver and it now uses the correct Plex config.
      Is it a bug in the Plex plugin?

Output of dpkg -l | grep openm

Source Code

1. ii openmediavault 3.0.59 all Open network attached storage solution
      2. ii openmediavault-couchpotato 3.2.2 all OpenMediaVault CouchPotatoServer plugin
      3. ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
      4. ii openmediavault-letsencrypt 3.2 all Generate free and valid SSL certificates for OMV
      5. ii openmediavault-omvextrasorg 3.4.15 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVau lt
      6. ii openmediavault-plexmediaserver 3.7 all OpenMediaVault Plex Media Server plugin
      7. ii openmediavault-sonarr 3.2 all OpenMediaVault Sonarr plugin
      8. ii openmediavault-transmissionbt 3.0.9 all OpenMediaVault Transmission (BitTorrent client) plug in.
    • Post the output of:

cat /etc/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service.d/db_folder.conf
      omv 4.1.14 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.13
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • It never made the overrides file. omv-mkconf plexmediaserver should do that. If it doesn't, not sure what is wrong.

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
    • omv-mkconf plexmediaserver
      cat /etc/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service.d/db_folder.conf
      cat: /etc/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service.d/db_folder.conf: No such file or directory

Did not help at all...
      This is a complete reinstall of OMV 3.
      I had the same problem before and did a reinstall of OMV 3 to see if that helped.
      Seems like there is a problem with the plugin
    • Same here,

I did a fresh install of OMV 3 and while this picked up all the drives, raid, etc.
      lex was not working as expected sadly.

I did select an internal drive on the Plex plug-in (the same drive containing the Plex DB) on my OMV 2 installation, however it was starting as a fresh Plex Server and did have any data.
      It prompted to add libraries and did not show any movie/music/tv show.

I have checked and it seems it was starting from /var/lib/plexmediaserver as opposed to /media/UUID/plexmediaserver.
      I was tempted to create a symlink in /var/lib so that plexmediaserver pointed to /media/UUID/plexmediaserver however I was unsure if this was going to break any functionality or mess up the upgrade.

I ended up re-imaging the OS drive using a back-up from last month, made with Clonezilla.

Regards,
      Tommy
    • I just ran into this issue upgrading from OMV 2 -> 3.0.59
      Plex was refusing to start. I ended up removing the plugin and just configuring the plex package to point to the correct location.
      The codecs symlink was also bad. It was self referencing. /opt/plexcodecs/Codecs pointed to /opt/plexcodecs/Codecs. Very strange.
    • Seems this is also related to my problem.

I removed the plugin and everything on disk.
      Reinstalled the new version (3.8.1), switched the directory and still plex installs in the default location (although in OMV I can see the correct path).

It seems something is still causing problems here...
    • I made a symlink (as somebody mentioned) to the database and reinstalled the package, but now I can't start the service anymore... any suggestions?

I used "unlink Codecs" in /opt/plexcodecs, as this symlink seemed to cause the problem, now it works again.. though I wonder for how long.

plexpy is still not working, but well that's "nice to have"

The post was edited 1 time, last by ChacalCH ().

• Nafi wrote:

Also check /etc/systemd/plexmediaserver.service for correct paths
      Actually you want /etc/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service.d/db_folder.conf

• Nafi wrote:

no, i mean /etc/systemd/system/plexmediaserver.service
      at least in my file, there is also the path for application_support_dir environment variable set
      You shouldn't change that file. It can be overwritten on upgrades. That is why the plugin uses the overrides file.